SRP 1 Failure

JD3020

Reaction score
Why go through all the hassle for the BTS pumps when you can get an IH reservoir and gear, a $250 Haldex pump, and a couple oil lines that do the same thing?

neverkickn

Reaction score
They have a means to adjust the backlash.

I understand that, I was just saying that the relationship between the bottom of the adaptor and the pump mounting hole, as well as the offset on the centric ring took some planning. It isn't something that the average joe would be able to throw together between football games on a Saturday afternoon.

old man dave

Reaction score
Why go through all the hassle for the BTS pumps when you can get an IH reservoir and gear, a $250 Haldex pump, and a couple oil lines that do the same thing?

Are you saying there's a stock IH reservoir that will drive two pumps?

I thought when the original pump thing was thrashed out that the Haldex didn't work out so the 530 pump was used?

DZL JIM

Reaction score

Because you can't get the IH reservoir anymore. They have been discontinued for years. Unless you can find one in a big truck scrap yard. There's a reason why Swamp's has theirs made from Billet aluminum.
Plus, the Haldex pump isn't the best pump for a daily driven truck. It's a great, simple set-up for a dedicated competition vehicle, though. But using it on the street when you'll never use the oil it can supply is not the correct way to go.

TyCorr

Reaction score
No idea. Have to send it in. You know if I think there is actually something wrong with it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, what Jake said. "I won't make a deal with you or anyone else for a billet pump!"

So apparently they can still be had but not by unsatisfied srp1.1 customers. We're just SOL. I'm over it. I'm going to buy a stocker and another upgraded pump and I'll throw the s-h-i-t 1.1 in the toolbox for a spare or to hit road signs with. I'll be sure to report back what, if anything, happens.

Layson

Reaction score
Update on my friends, hotshot buddy. As I have said before his first SRP1 failed, then it was sent in to be modified to a SRP1.1, now it failed. He stuck his stock pump back on and he is back on the road. He tried to get his money back but said they would only warranty the pump, which makes sense.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Warranty the pump, sell it and move on...

I can't foresee the thing breaking down after its rebuilt but I'm not sure I could sell it to anybody knowing it's probably going to. It's most likely going to be an EXPENSIVE core. I'm not trying to be a huge cokc but I wouldn't spend another effing dime at stealth. Not because the pump failed either.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nope. I'll smash it with a hammer before I sell it for a gouge.

I know you were joking but. .....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nope. I'll smash it with a hammer before I sell it for a gouge.

I know you were joking but. .....

You might be able to get most of your money back if you advertise it as a rebuilt failed unit and make sure that its in the deal that they might be taking a risk as does anyone... at least you might get enough out of it to almost buy a pump you want.

live life full throttle

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Spoke with Gary. Finally. Left him a borderline ****ty voicemail. He called back after trying to get ahold of him for over a week. I've probably called him 40+ times.

He said to send the pump in and he would inspect it. He told me that he has had quite a few pumps sent back recently and said that 99% of them were fine and then went to blame people's injectors. He had some not so nice things to say about injectors. Was a little sad to hear that. I hate when vendors bash other vendors. Like seriously, just take responsibility for your product failures...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, he tried that one on me too. My stock injectors were visually inspected as the truck ran for excessive hpo leaks and the one was spilling a little more but not bad. They were re-oringed and inspected by a local diesel shop who sells and warrants Alliant injectors. They said my injectors weren't like new but certainly weren't cause for starting issues. I've had 3 people take a gander at my truck to confirm my own suspicions as I'm not a mechanic by trade. I even bounced all this crap off of lincolnlocker back in early February and he even thought "it sounds like your hpop is going bad".

He has rebuttal after rebuttal so don't even bother. Send that dad gum thing in and move on.

Latest posts

Members online