SRP1.1 failure

DZL JIM

Reaction score
My DB Denso style starter lasted 2 years on a truck that saw 3k miles a year.
No more DB for me.
I've accepted the fact that you need to pay north of $300 for a good oem starter, otherwise plan on replacing it every 2 to 3 years regardless of manufacturer or local remanufacturer.

PDT1081

Reaction score
No more DB for me.
I've accepted the fact that you need to pay north of $300 for a good oem starter, otherwise plan on replacing it every 2 to 3 years regardless of manufacturer or local remanufacturer.

Hope I don't jinx myself here. My DB lasted just over a year. Replaced it with a NAPA "hi-torque" style and it's been going strong (knock on wood) for almost 4 years.

Now that I've said that, it'll probably crap out on me.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Jim I second that DB is a junk starter. truck was a 8000k truck a year and the starter didn't even see 2 years before it would barley turn over. Using a 03 SD starter for the past 2 years and its perfect still and pretty fast.

DocBar

Reaction score
Jim I second that DB is a junk starter. truck was a 8000k truck a year and the starter didn't even see 2 years before it would barley turn over. Using a 03 SD starter for the past 2 years and its perfect still and pretty fast.
I have a lifetime warranty on AutoZone starter and have replaced it 4 times in the last 5 years. I suspect that the starter has contributed to my battery/electrical problems over the last 4 years. I've replaced every single component of the stock battery/starter/alternator part since then. Especially the factory wiring harnesses.

bad12jr

Reaction score
My rebuilder uses motorcraft parts in his rebuilds and I've had great luck with everything he's rebuilt for me so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have a lifetime warranty on AutoZone starter and have replaced it 4 times in the last 5 years. I suspect that the starter has contributed to my battery/electrical problems over the last 4 years. I've replaced every single component of the stock battery/starter/alternator part since then. Especially the factory wiring harnesses.

Yea, I had to have battery cables built because mine were getting frikkin melted and my truck spit out 4 or 5 starters this spring. I bought a new mitsu from carquest and it got burned up but it wasnt the starter at fault. I bought a middle grade rebuild from Oreilly's. The first one made it three months. Next one was on there for two years but very little mileage. Maybe ten thousand miles. Took that one back, did the change the starter every two.weeks bs and then bought another new Mitsu. Been good for a month or.better now.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Not bashing in anyway but 500 for pump. 275 for upgrade, figure 50 for shipping both ways and your at 825$. I was ready to jump till I did the math. Still a savings just not enough I don't think for a quick sale.

$200 and 2 core hpops buys my srp-1. That can get someone into an srp-1 for under $500. Come on. I need to get this thing gone!

Reaction score
No more DB for me.

Agreed. My factory starter lasted 295k miles. Parts store starter I used after that went about 58k miles. Now I'm on another parts store starter and about to hit 390k miles, so its got almost 40k miles now. I'm sure it'll go out in a few months and when it does I'll go get an OEM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Latest posts

Members online