srp1.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

psduser1

Reaction score
Alright, 1500 mi later- I'm scratching my head still. We came up I75 to Mi, pulling like a dream. Under load ( 20k gross), on the throttle, not a problem. Even worn injectors, blah blah, I was holding 26-31k psi. Duty cycle was high, 79.5%, but the pressure stayed up. Not once did I see pressure fall till the load eased up! All good there, plenty of oil. I'm pretty sure that rules out any mechanical issues with the pump.
Having said that, at light load, part throttle, maybe 25-40%, I'm still getting the occasional hiccup. Seems to be with hot oil, never happened when the truck was coming up to temp. Under deceleration or maintaining speed. The engine never did die, but there was a distinct hiccup.
I'm going to go thru the grounds, as that seems to be a problem area, any other ideas?

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
that thread is why I asked the question I did........

I changed to Valvoline Premium Blue, and it's better....

Beanhead

Reaction score
I have had no problems with my SRP1.1. It has 3000 miles on it,1000 of those on the last trip.

My truck is a daily driver! Drive 7 miles to work,it starts and stop at least seven to eight times a day.I short trip the crap out of it in a day.

Very happy with mine!

What everyone else said! CALL GARY.

psduser1

Reaction score
Old outlaw, I'm running 15-40 valvoline premium blue, changed the pump mid cycle- 1000 Mi or so in. Im due for an oilchange, I'm going back to dino. Well see.
Beanhead, I'm happy with the pump, just not sure what's causing the hiccup. If it persists after an oil change, and the injectors check out, I will call Gary. I don't have a problem doing that, but why bother a guy that's obviously busy with a problem that is not pump related.
The whole idea of posting this thread was to see if anybody else had run into a similar problem, fixes, etc. Thank you everyone, for your input, mods please close this thread.:shrug::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.