stage IIs vs. Hybrids

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Problem wasn't the nozzles its the turbo..a 38r is a great replacement or max stage 1 turbo..stage 2's get a modded H2e.

Gearhead

Reaction score
If you get more fuel in the same time with the same nozzle (and you aren't fully stroking the injector) then you have higher injection pressure. The 7:1 vs 5:1 argument doesn't hold water because of this fact. The hybrid has more fuel per time at anything higher than medium pulsewidths with anything bigger than a 30% nozzle. Also a larger nozzle will allow the truck to run cooler than a stock nozzle at the same hp level because the combustion will be done sooner.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you get more fuel in the same time with the same nozzle (and you aren't fully stroking the injector) then you have higher injection pressure. The 7:1 vs 5:1 argument doesn't hold water because of this fact. The hybrid has more fuel per time at anything higher than medium pulsewidths with anything bigger than a 30% nozzle. Also a larger nozzle will allow the truck to run cooler than a stock nozzle at the same hp level because the combustion will be done sooner.

This makes sense to me.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Whats medium pulsewidths ? How have you tested to show the motors runing cooler...

Non of this has anything to do with what the OP needs...

jimmyp

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ill have to do a little more looking and see what I can do. My main concern is longevity and low EGTs. I spend alot of time towing our big horse trailer to field trials all over the midwest and getting into the appalacians, as well as hauling our stocktrailer with a few fat cattle, so Im just looking for a little more umph, that will run cool and be reliable,

Thanks
Jim

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ill have to do a little more looking and see what I can do. My main concern is longevity and low EGTs. I spend alot of time towing our big horse trailer to field trials all over the midwest and getting into the appalacians, as well as hauling our stocktrailer with a few fat cattle, so Im just looking for a little more umph, that will run cool and be reliable,

Thanks
Jim

The more I here you respond, the more I think a set of STOCK AC codes would be perfect for you.

AC's will bump you up about 50-70hp above MAX stock hp (so from about 300hp with a chip all turned up to about 350-370)...

With AC's you will be able to tow at about 280-300hp all day long without any real EGT issues.

AC's will work well with the stock turbo and great with a 38R

AC's will work great on a completely stock fuel system (get a fuel pressure gauge to insure you do have good fuel pressure).

AC's will work great on a stock HPOP, no matter what anyone says.

AC's will require a single shot tune to be installed on your PCM or on your chip, but that is no biggy at all.

I've run a lot of injectors over the years and for a DD work truck...

AC's and done.

mattman347

Reaction score
Just go with a set of stage 1's or (AC's), not everyone needs the ability to run upwards of 500HP. The stage 1's make for a nice reliable injector!

Gearhead

Reaction score
Honestly, the tuning is what makes in injector work like it should or not..... I think all the anti hybrid people out there must have not driven a properly tuned set of hybrids or something.....

CSIPSD

Reaction score
In the 6 or so years I've known you Joe, I NEVER figured I'd see you type that. LOL

I've been saying that for the last few years, since the last retooling. Much better turbo without the surge issues it had before.

Honestly, the tuning is what makes in injector work like it should or not..... I think all the anti hybrid people out there must have not driven a properly tuned set of hybrids or something.....

While I understand what your saying, having hybrids just opens up the ability to do damage.

A set of properly tuned AC's will do everything and more then a set of detuned standard hybrids.

I would have no issues throwing a set of AC's in a truck with no gauges, no tunes (other then a single shot flash) and give it to anyone to do anything.

Cant do that with a set of hybrids.

AC's and done.

Latest posts

Members online