stage IIs vs. Hybrids

Lang

Reaction score
My stage 1's actually run cooler than my stock injectors. I have stock turbo, 6637 filter and 4" turbo back exhaust.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I want to haul something big with my truck now since i've went back to stock-er... stage one 175's and a forged mill s362, but it's much more tow-friendly than the 250/80s i used to run that did tow well too. I still havent updated my tuning from 80% nozzles now i'm running stock nozzles, but im hesitant to because the truck actually runs damn good how it is now. LOL

Absolutely NO smoke *trying* to accelerate from a car behind you at night, there's not a hint of a haze in the headlights. My old setup used to haze going downhill :roll:

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I've driven properly tuned Hybrids and LOVE them...if you want big HP. This is what they are for..every post no matter what...... the magic answer from some is Hybrids..then the I can tune better than the other guys start...the Hybrid answer for every injector question IMO is driven from a profit standpoint not whats best for the application or for the customer.

Gearhead

Reaction score
It is not about profit at all.... the hybrid's initial "soft start" actually makes the injection event a little bit smoother. They just seem to work better than A codes with anything bigger than a 30% nozzle. Why do you think reverse hybrids never took off?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Honestly, i see your point Cary but if thats the case, why not just suggest new stock injectors for this guy?I didnt feel stage II injectors were worth the time and.expense it took to run them. The first day they were in they were good. The whoopee ended there. A stock truck, especially if its not lifted is plenty to tow with. The heavier my load,.the less power Id want. Just a viewpoint.from someone who bought into the idea of not "needing" hybrids and regretted it.

Matt is making some great points andand Im not even taking into consideration the.idea.that he thinks.he is a better tuner than someone else. I just dont.see.how selecting a good tow tune with a set of 238/80s that makes 300hp is going to be dangerous? It'll be cooler slamming the requisite amount of.fuel in instantly. Low amount of PW. Cool. 1100 deg egts sustained. Maybe a touch higher.with an upgraded turbo.

The op may not.desire anything more than "that little extra" then yea, stg 1/stock nozzle would.be.adequate. I just think its a waste to change.to them strictly for.the.purpose of.change.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
LOL...

I'm out...

To the OP... AC's are your answer for what your wanting.

You can get brand new AC's from many of the vendors. Great injectors that come stock in our motors in IH versions.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Damn right.. Gearhead and Hybrids FTMFW

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HYBRIDS...

But the point is, the OP does not need, nor want hybrids for what he uses and needs his truck for.

I've got alot of trucks with alot of injectors...

The one that is always on the road, with min maintance or ANY other issues...

The one with the AC injectors.

neverkickn

Reaction score
NO ONE SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HYBRIDS...

But the point is, the OP does not need, nor want hybrids for what he uses and needs his truck for.

I've got alot of trucks with alot of injectors...

The one that is always on the road, with min maintance or ANY other issues...

The one with the AC injectors.

Thought you where outLOL

Gearhead

Reaction score
ACs are good injectors, don't get me wrong but they aren't worth replacing a good working set of stock super duty injectors for what you get. maybe 35 more HP.....

CSIPSD

Reaction score
ACs are good injectors, don't get me wrong but they aren't worth replacing a good working set of stock super duty injectors for what you get. maybe 35 more HP.....

Stock AD's will put down 300hp + or -...

Stock AC's will put down 340-360...

Its also much more useable HP.

Before the AC's we would drive around in a setting that would put down about 280hp...

Now we drive around in a setting that puts down 330hp. Two clicks more and we max out at 360hp and still not running out of fuel pressure, HPO pressure, boost levels or any other issues.

Lang

Reaction score

Exactly. Op if you need new injectors get stage 1. I NEEDED new ones so opted for a lil more power for about same price as stock injectors. I have about 100* lower EGT's with them with filter and exhaust. I did upgrade to FRx for improved fuel flow (no dead head). Maybe someone with more knowledge than I can explain how/why this is.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Lack of power increase with the stage1 is why I started pushing the stage 1.5..... IMO the 30% nozzle has merrits on an A code vs something larger for oil flow reasons.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Lack of power increase with the stage1 is why I started pushing the stage 1.5..... IMO the 30% nozzle has merrits on an A code vs something larger for oil flow reasons.

How can you say a 40-60hp increase is not an increase? Not to mention its a far superior hp increase then anything else you could add to get it(water injection, propane, No2 and such).

Latest posts

Members online