stage IIs vs. Hybrids

GearHeadSales

Reaction score
ACs are good injectors, don't get me wrong but they aren't worth replacing a good working set of stock super duty injectors for what you get. maybe 35 more HP.....

How can you say a 40-60hp increase is not an increase? Not to mention its a far superior hp increase then anything else you could add to get it(water injection, propane, No2 and such).

He stated it is an increase, but is spending $1,100 for an additional 40 horse IF your injectors are still good worth it? Not really, makes more sense to pony up the extra $350 for the 30% nozzles and pick up 80 horse. Basically doubling your hp gain for the slight increase in price.

Reaction score
...the Hybrid answer for every injector question IMO is driven from a profit standpoint not whats best for the application or for the customer.

That is 100% total and complete bullsh!t. We sell 5 times as many stage 1's as stage 3's, so saying that it is for profit reasons is BS. We profit more from stock, stage 1's and Stage 1.5's every year than the money we make off of all our hybrid combinations combined.

I will agree that not everyone on the planet needs or can afford the hybrids, but with the proper tuning we have had really good luck with them on daily driven trucks that tow for a living, not just sometimes.

They aren't for eveyone, and some people tune them a little different, but telling the guy that it is overboard is rediculous. Why sell him a set of AC injectors that will MAX out at 350hp, when he could have an injector very easily capable of 350HP, and with a few clicks of the switch have an injector good for 500HP, with al the correct supporting mods.

I understand that Joe thinks Hybrids are evil and will break everything on your truck, but that all depends on how you drive the truck and how you use it. Some people are happy to run the hybrids at 350HP and tow with them. They never even have the desire to turn them up any farther than that. It makes for a much better setup in my opinion than an AC injector because as you modify your truck a little at a time, you can start to use more fuel if you desire to, without having to purchase injectors for a second, or third, or forth time like some people have done in the past.

Last edited:

mattman347

Reaction score
The issue with most customers and hybrids is self control, to keep the switch at that "350RWHP" mark is hard to do in most cases. Some people just plain don't want to add anymore supporting mods and are just looking for that little bit more to work with stock components. And for the record, I love my hybrids!! They do everything I want them to do.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I understand that Joe thinks Hybrids are evil and will break everything on your truck, but that all depends on how you drive the truck and how you use it. Some people are happy to run the hybrids at 350HP and tow with them. They never even have the desire to turn them up any farther than that. It makes for a much better setup in my opinion than an AC injector because as you modify your truck a little at a time, you can start to use more fuel if you desire to, without having to purchase injectors for a second, or third, or forth time like some people have done in the past.

I do not nor have I ever said hybrids are evil...

What I have said time and time again is for a guy with a work truck, that doesn't want to change a bunch of ****, doesn't want to worry about anything and has multi people driving his or her truck... AC's are it. Done.

I've done exactly what your talking about...

Stage 1's, Stage 2's, 238/80, 238/100, 250/200...

My wife's Excursion has AC's in it. Its never broke down, it never has issues... Stock fuel system, stock everything other then basic mods.

360hp is more HP then anyone needs on a DD 7.3...

The issue with most customers and hybrids is self control, to keep the switch at that "350RWHP" mark is hard to do in most cases. Some people just plain don't want to add anymore supporting mods and are just looking for that little bit more to work with stock components. And for the record, I love my hybrids!! They do everything I want them to do.

Exactly what I am trying to say.

I love my hybrids too, but I have pissed away alot of money on broken parts over the years that could have gone to far better places.

You simply cant break **** with a set of AC's. ANYONE can drive your truck and you don't have to worry.

Gearhead

Reaction score
having the torque of ACs and the HP of a 238/80 sure is nice and doesn't break stuff.... The problem is old school tuning when you just "let it eat".... that's when sheit breaks...

liquidlounge

Reaction score
Great thread. Do the Hybrids have as nice of idle as the AC's?: AND, Joe, if nobody has ever told you this before, I really appreciate you testing all of these products for us:thumbsup: You are like the Powerstroke Ombudsman. Its always good to have other opinions thrown in the discussion.

TyCorr

Reaction score
having the torque of ACs and the HP of a 238/80 sure is nice and doesn't break stuff.... The problem is old school tuning when you just "let it eat".... that's when sheit breaks...

Huh? Are you saying both injector types are nice but in the past tuning ruined parts not injectors.themselves?

Tuning has changed a lot in the 4 years Ive been around.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Huh? Are you saying both injector types are nice but in the past tuning ruined parts not injectors.themselves?

Big injectors and tuning that allowed too much fuel down is what ruined motors. I've probably got 20 238/80 and 38r trucks running around with PMRs at 475HP without failure thus far.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Big injectors and tuning that allowed too much fuel down is what ruined motors. I've probably got 20 238/80 and 38r trucks running around with PMRs at 475HP without failure thus far.

What about forged rod motors and that combo?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score

I can voucher for that. You've done two for me without issue, and both if those trucks are worked daily. Two years on one, and about a year on the other.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score

You also have several of us with 250s and a 38r or 366 on pmrs that havent had failures yet

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Great thread. Do the Hybrids have as nice of idle as the AC's?: AND, Joe, if nobody has ever told you this before, I really appreciate you testing all of these products for us:thumbsup: You are like the Powerstroke Ombudsman. Its always good to have other opinions thrown in the discussion.

My 238/100 idle nice. With Matt's tuning I barely noticed the difference between my stock splits and the 238s.

Latest posts

Members online