steering linkage and joints

Jomax

Reaction score
I'll probably just go with ford too..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Warranty is good and they're everywhere for warranty issues. I hate ordering parts online for stuff like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Warranty is good and they're everywhere for warranty issues. I hate ordering parts online for stuff like this.

me too.. xrf doesn't carry trac bar stuff either.

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
me too.. xrf doesn't carry trac bar stuff either.

live life full throttle

Are you leveled? If so, if buy a carli track bar (you'd still need a new track bar ball joint though.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Are you leveled? If so, if buy a carli track bar (you'd still need a new track bar ball joint though.

that is what i mean, no joint.. im stock hight..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ah, then stick with factory IMHO

that is the plan..

doesnt really look like there is much of a selection in aftermarket that isnt a dimestore product. i can get napa stuff at a decent price through work but who knows the quality of that stuff is.. i have often seen moog parts in a napa box so i dont know if its worth it ir not.. I would like something greasable to try but still, quality may not be there...

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
that is the plan..

doesnt really look like there is much of a selection in aftermarket that isnt a dimestore product. i can get napa stuff at a decent price through work but who knows the quality of that stuff is.. i have often seen moog parts in a napa box so i dont know if its worth it ir not.. I would like something greasable to try but still, quality may not be there...

live life full throttle

Napa gold is repackaged moog btw.

co04cobra

Reaction score
We usually go back with OEM. Have used several other brands in the past and, it has been my experience, with any type of off road use they all fail again within 50-70K miles.

As for the warranty, I haven't tried it with any chassis parts, but for Ford to always honor their current "claim to fame" 2yr no exceptions crap hasn't been holding up.

It's off topic, but our last denied warranty was on a focus we retailed to my aunt.

It had the part that failed installed, at a ford dealer no less, under the 5yr 60K new car warranty. Same part failed again 1yr 17K miles later and another dealer wouldn't honor the warranty.

Reason for the story is take the warranty claims with a grain of salt. IMO.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
What is the exact parts list that is needed for the stuff on the front end. I at least have the trac bar covered.

Im just guessing
Tie rod ends front and left
Front ball joints, upper and lower both sides
Now what else?
Would I need to put new wheel bearings in or new U joints on the axles (at 100K mile maintenance)

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
We usually go back with OEM. Have used several other brands in the past and, it has been my experience, with any type of off road use they all fail again within 50-70K miles.

As for the warranty, I haven't tried it with any chassis parts, but for Ford to always honor their current "claim to fame" 2yr no exceptions crap hasn't been holding up.

It's off topic, but our last denied warranty was on a focus we retailed to my aunt.

It had the part that failed installed, at a ford dealer no less, under the 5yr 60K new car warranty. Same part failed again 1yr 17K miles later and another dealer wouldn't honor the warranty.

Reason for the story is take the warranty claims with a grain of salt. IMO.

The 2yr unlimited is only if you pay for the part. Anytime ford pays for it, be it under manufacturer warranty or service part warranty, warranty is only 12/12

co04cobra

Reaction score
The 2yr unlimited is only if you pay for the part. Anytime ford pays for it, be it under manufacturer warranty or service part warranty, warranty is only 12/12

Bottom line is its just a ***n loop hole and excuse to try and get out of as much potential warranty claims as possible. Rather then making it the same across the board.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What is the exact parts list that is needed for the stuff on the front end. I at least have the trac bar covered.

Im just guessing
Tie rod ends front and left
Front ball joints, upper and lower both sides
Now what else?
Would I need to put new wheel bearings in or new U joints on the axles (at 100K mile maintenance)

wheel bearings are a unit bearing and if the quality of those went down also, then you prolly will have to.. but in later years, most make it 150 to 200k... u joint should last a long time unless its either never locked it and they lock up or they have been abused.. now if you do need axle ball joints then sure why not but only use oem spicers in a u joint..

live life full throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Bottom line is its just a ***n loop hole and excuse to try and get out of as much potential warranty claims as possible. Rather then making it the same across the board.

I agree with you, but when someone else is footing the bill, kinda hard to argue it. On the fleip side too, if you buy something, and it quits a month later, you still have 23 months warranty on it, even though the ford warranty will be up in 12 on the service part. It goes back to when you pay money. Like with batteries, if you pay any on pro rate, warranty starts all over.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
wheel bearings are a unit bearing and if the quality of those went down also, then you prolly will have to.. but in later years, most make it 150 to 200k... u joint should last a long time unless its either never locked it and they lock up or they have been abused.. now if you do need axle ball joints then sure why not but only use oem spicers in a u joint..

live life full throttle

So just wait for the wheel bearing to go bad then if I do new ball joints then go ahead with the new U joints?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So just wait for the wheel bearing to go bad then if I do new ball joints then go ahead with the new U joints?
once it is pulled apart then you can feel the u joints. if they are still smooth and no rough spots in them then leave them alone. but if there is any doubt what so ever then yeah change them because all that chit has to come back off to get to them.

live life full throttle

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If I upgrade to 13 brakes it would me new spindles which come with ball joints anyways. Did I miss any joints though that may need to be done for preventive maintenance?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If I upgrade to 13 brakes it would me new spindles which come with ball joints anyways. Did I miss any joints though that may need to be done for preventive maintenance?
drag link (attaches to pitman arm)
tie rod end for drag link
right side tie rod end
left side tie rod end
plus hardware.
95833c3dd6fa849bd2e9e5b176d26ec3.jpg

just shy of 800 bucks without hardware on fordparts.com

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
here are other parts. specifically the trac bar ball joint