Steering stabilizers

smokinstroker

Reaction score
For me, cost and it's really not needed lol. I'd love to have it, but there's really not much I could do to justify Hydro assist lol

This^^ the cost is far greater than throwing on a stabelizer. And much more than what's needed for the average guy running 35s etc.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Because there is no justifiable reason to run a hydro assist on anything smaller than a 38" tire. Stevens truck is perfect for it. 95% of folks don't need it though.

Layson

Reaction score
The second picture up there I posted is 10" of lift with 38's and it didn't need it at all and honestly I thought it did. I put about a 1,000 miles on that setup. It is all about the steering geometry and you can see it in the picture. I stuck it on my truck because I was running 40's at the time and at 14" of lift I wanted some extra insurance that my pitman arm or my sector shaft wasn't going to break... If I was lower I would pull it off :) It is expensive to do a hydro assist setup correctly.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Because there is no justifiable reason to run a hydro assist on anything smaller than a 38" tire. Stevens truck is perfect for it. 95% of folks don't need it though.

I am going hydro assit, watching me whipe out cones would tell you why. Every so ofter my crap won't turn at low speeds. Driver error was envolved but my steering locked up at the end too. Parking is fun when it does it.

Layson

Reaction score
I am going hydro assit, watching me whipe out cones would tell you why. Every so ofter my crap won't turn at low speeds. Driver error was envolved but my steering locked up at the end too. Parking is fun when it does it.

Whats the scoop with your setup? Bad steering box or pump? Why won't it turn ever so often? Do you still have brakes?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Whats the scoop with your setup? Bad steering box or pump? Why won't it turn ever so often? Do you still have brakes?

Yes I have brakes and I don't think the steering box is bad. It does it every once and a while during slow maneuvers like in a parking lot. You can't move the wheel at all when you are sitting still, it is like not having power steering.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Yes I have brakes and I don't think the steering box is bad. It does it every once and a while during slow maneuvers like in a parking lot. You can't move the wheel at all when you are sitting still, it is like not having power steering.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have something else going on that you need to address before you throw parts at it.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score

I wonder if your hydro boost is giving you issues. My work truck did the same thing and they replaced the hydro boost and it's been perfect since.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think this reason is partially why ford went back to vacuum brakes on the 2011+ trucks. I noticed the first day i got my 2012 how much easier it turned with brakes full applied or not, it turned every wheel and tire combo i have ever had flawlessly at a dead stop. My 08s are hit and miss sometimes they work good sometimes they dont. I just added some BG powersteering conditioner to the race truck and so far its much better

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have something else going on that you need to address before you throw parts at it.

I hear ya, and think there is something up too. But I never have it so I can't figure it out.

I wonder if your hydro boost is giving you issues. My work truck did the same thing and they replaced the hydro boost and it's been perfect since.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

I will look into it when I get it back sometime in 2015

jdgleason

Reaction score

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
You may want to consider our kit. Uses a good quality Bilstein stabilizer and is priced affordably. Just a heads up, we are about 2 weeks out on them. Im waiting for 100 stabilizer shocks from Bilstein to come in.

http://www.pmfsuspension.com/2005-12-Ford-F-250-HD-Dual-Stabilizer-Kit_p_65.html

Glad I ordered mine when I did....looks like awesome quality

e7e8aqy4.jpg
arase3yr.jpg

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Ooooh I like that set up too! Didn't realize you had a kit Trevor! Thanks for posting that!

JD I just got Trevor's kit. So far I'm loving it. I also did his single piece draglink and adjustable track bar. Much more stabile on the highway. It was starting to wonder a lot. Now I feel much better. I think you would be very happy with his kit. Like he said affordable and it uses quality shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdgleason

Reaction score
JD I just got Trevor's kit. So far I'm loving it. I also did his single piece draglink and adjustable track bar. Much more stabile on the highway. It was starting to wonder a lot. Now I feel much better. I think you would be very happy with his kit. Like he said affordable and it uses quality shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Good to know buddy! I shouldn't spend any more cash this month lol

Latest posts

Members online