Stock huffer just let go, need a Big turbo ASAP!!

SootRoller

Reaction score
Kind of messed up that this guy literally just sold a turbo on a forum that he's not even a paying vendor on while taking the sale from two paying vendors in front of God and everybody. Or is someone a vendor for him?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Kind of messed up that this guy literally just sold a turbo on a forum that he's not even a paying vendor on while taking the sale from two paying vendors in front of God and everybody. Or is someone a vendor for him?

even if someone WAS a vendor for him, he still cant do that stuff. lotta back door pimping on this site. i think we're gonna start offering rewards to catch those doing it.

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Let's calm down a minute guys, I didn't Know it was a big deal. But I understand completely and see what y'all are saying. But.. He has told me he is planning on purchasing a vendor sponsorship. He is out of town rightnow, but said he is going to post up when he returns.

The way I see it he is starting out in this game, but looks like to me has done some homework on these Vgt turbos, i shall find out.

I can say this, he is real nice guy to talk to an Did Not push me against James or Anybody else an had Nuthing but good things to say about Barder! Even told me it may be quicker to let James build one an ship since he is on easy coast. But he had one Ready to ship ASAP an that was a decideing factor, Plus he cut me a Big price break!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokin6L

Reaction score
Nothing against Charlie and his turbo...because the thing looks awesome and definitely performs. But his turbo isnt all that different than Barder or MTW. He uses a gt40 turbine wheel sized in between barders and MTW's and has a drilled billet sleeve on the compressor inlet like the turbonetics turbos do. I think the only real homework he had to do was finding places to source the parts. The guy who really had to his homework to be able to do what he wanted to his 68mm vgt was Adrian. He has more extensive work into his than the others. But is that extra work needed? Idk..probably not! He relocates the dowl pins for the vanes, doesn't even use the stock vanes and uses a different than stock unison ring for the vanes. Im not saying one is better than the others cause all the 68mm vgts work great and all have great reviews. It comes down to price, availability(wait time) and customer service.

Last edited:

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Nothing against Charlie and his turbo...because the thing looks awesome and definitely performs. But his turbo isnt all that different than Barder or MTW. He uses a gt40 turbine wheel sized in between barders and MTW's and has a drilled billet sleeve on the compressor inlet like the turbonetics turbos do. I think the only real homework he had to do was finding places to source the parts. The guy who really had to his homework to be able to do what he wanted to his 68mm vgt was Adrian. He has more extensive work into his than the others. But is that extra work needed? Idk..probably not! He relocates the dowl pins for the vanes, doesn't even use the stock vanes and uses a different than stock unison ring for the vanes. Im not saying one is better than the others cause all the 68mm vgts work great and all have great reviews. It comes down to price, availability(wait time) and customer service.

"It comes down to price, availability(wait time) and customer service."

Exactly!! .. You see Here is the deal, there are 2 Main reasons I went with the KC turbo!

#1 availability, as my thead title says.. I Need a Big turbo ASAP! Meaning, Now.. My truck is down, I need it running. Espeacially seeings how the same day I find out my cobra has head gasket issues when I go to drive it till turbo comes in. Too cold to ride my bike. The obs ccfb 7.3 I just traded for doesn't run worth **** and I don't have Anyhing else on the road Rightnow. Iam in a borrowed jeep that's cold as fck and slow.. Not too mention Iam Right smack dab in the middle of buying a house (which main factor leading to #2 reason) and moving etc so I NEED My truck to move all my ****.

#2 money! Cold hard cash.. With Everything happening rightnow, and the stock 100k charger letting go unexpectingly, my cobra going down unexpectingly, and Main reason because I have spent A lot of my cash getting into this new house, Yess I Really needed to save everyday I could. And were aren't talking nickel dime here, talkin weeks worth of pay.. That's all I'm sayin.

Now is one Thattt much better than the other? Idk.. I think they are probably close.. Charles Did tell me James turbo probably out flows his up top, by a little.. He Never bad mouthed James, not even Close!! He even told me it may be a better option to go with James whenever he seen that shipping was gonna be backed up through fedex ground because of storm. And he knew James is closer to me. But James is Plenty buisy from what he told me because I talked to James A lot too. He is Also a Really nice stand up guy. But he told me it would be monday/Tuesday before it would get built an that would been pushing it. Plus Then 2-3 days shipping.

Now.. That being said. It was A Really hard decision, but in the end I Had to go budget oriented this time around. This thing called Life delt the cards to me, I just played them the smartest way I seen..

And Iam sure my girl will appreciate me saving a weeks pay when the 27th gets here this weekend for her birthday! I will probably buy her somthing She is wanting for the house. An That is a sacrifice Iam willing to make.

Now I appoligize for the rant, and I will stop here. But some ppls arrogance Pisses me off.

mandkole

Reaction score
Let's calm down a minute guys, I didn't Know it was a big deal. But I understand completely and see what y'all are saying. But.. He has told me he is planning on purchasing a vendor sponsorship.

But he had one Ready to ship ASAP an that was a decideing factor, Plus he cut me a Big price break!!

Once in awhile things fire me up... this is one of them. Doing business on the internet forums seems hard enough, let alone dealing with freeloaders.

OP-- You got a price deal because that is ALL this guy has to sell and you bought one of his first ones. I get it that you are excited about your turbo purchase.. it sounds like your first one and you'll now be one of the cool kids with a BIG replacement turbo. Cool. It may work fine. BUT, no one wants to hear about products that aren't sponsor supported on the forum. These forums are expensive to run and sponsorship is how they stay afloat.

Thats what everyone it trying to say.... no one is hate'n, but just keep your purchase and excitement to yourself for now. (kinda sucks huh..)

My editorial rant continues... Its all too coincidental that Charlie has suddenly developed this eagerness for performance products (I suspect he lives in a stock truck repair world at his shop by day) and he's got this massive thread talking about the 700hp grocery getter that does it all (good luck with that), then he is trying to glean experienced information about how to spec out performance components (that we now find he will ultimately build and promote turbos). Then, guys are suddenly talking about buying his stuff on your thread. All with the PSA crowd as his audience and for free. Back door at its finest...

The proper way to do this is to commit to your selling plan and get the sponsorship. This guy will be dealt with.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
"It comes down to price, availability(wait time) and customer service."

Exactly!! .. You see Here is the deal, there are 2 Main reasons I went with the KC turbo!

#1 availability, as my thead title says.. I Need a Big turbo ASAP! Meaning, Now.. My truck is down, I need it running. Espeacially seeings how the same day I find out my cobra has head gasket issues when I go to drive it till turbo comes in. Too cold to ride my bike. The obs ccfb 7.3 I just traded for doesn't run worth **** and I don't have Anyhing else on the road Rightnow. Iam in a borrowed jeep that's cold as fck and slow.. Not too mention Iam Right smack dab in the middle of buying a house (which main factor leading to #2 reason) and moving etc so I NEED My truck to move all my ****.

#2 money! Cold hard cash.. With Everything happening rightnow, and the stock 100k charger letting go unexpectingly, my cobra going down unexpectingly, and Main reason because I have spent A lot of my cash getting into this new house, Yess I Really needed to save everyday I could. And were aren't talking nickel dime here, talkin weeks worth of pay.. That's all I'm sayin.

Now is one Thattt much better than the other? Idk.. I think they are probably close.. Charles Did tell me James turbo probably out flows his up top, by a little.. He Never bad mouthed James, not even Close!! He even told me it may be a better option to go with James whenever he seen that shipping was gonna be backed up through fedex ground because of storm. And he knew James is closer to me. But James is Plenty buisy from what he told me because I talked to James A lot too. He is Also a Really nice stand up guy. But he told me it would be monday/Tuesday before it would get built an that would been pushing it. Plus Then 2-3 days shipping.

Now.. That being said. It was A Really hard decision, but in the end I Had to go budget oriented this time around. This thing called Life delt the cards to me, I just played them the smartest way I seen..

And Iam sure my girl will appreciate me saving a weeks pay when the 27th gets here this weekend for her birthday! I will probably buy her somthing She is wanting for the house. An That is a sacrifice Iam willing to make.

Now I appoligize for the rant, and I will stop here. But some ppls arrogance Pisses me off.

You keep talking about needing it now..... BUT you went and bought a turbo from a guy that is out of town.. So he can not even get it shipped out right away!!! So you will have to wait till Monday or later for it to be shipped, So you might not even get it till next weekend. That is if he ships it priority mail or UPS 3 day shipping. This all depends on when he gets back to town..

Not to mention if the Video was legit that is one slow spooling turbo.... Just saying. And if you bought the one I think you spent more money then you are getting for product.

Not to mention the rules of this forum were broke in this deal. In more then one way.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
KC Turbos is now a site sponsor so I'm gonna reopen this one. Welcome Charlie!

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
8yve3e2a.jpg

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Thanks Garrett

Ok... Well I hope this post helps calm things down a little bit. I have been out of town all weekend and was not able to post. The reason why no one "knows" who KC turbos is... that is because KC Turbos was not quite a vendor yet and was trying not to break any rules... We did not realize what "vendor pimping" was... now we do. We want to thank all those who let us know privately and politely that we had broken the rules and that we cannot send private pm's about products without being a vendor. The video was posted just to show him what a good vgt setup can do. The only reason we did not post anymore info about our company is because we were not vendors yet. It was not meant to be any sort of secret. Many people in this thread know some of us and I appreciate you guys not jumping right out and telling the whole world who we are. We may be new to powerstrokearmy.com but we are well known in other places.

KC Turbos is a small company based out of Arizona. We are not a big shop and we are not looking to "take over the performance world". We would prefer to stay small and keep our customer happy, rather than blow up and piss off a lot of people. This company was started in an effort to provide great cost effective turbo/performance options to the 6.0 powerstroke world. We always felt that a lot of the "bigger" companies had left us 6.0 guys behind. There are so many options out there for a lot of other platforms that are not available for us 6.0 guys. When we started we were looking for a more cost effective way to run a larger vgt turbo. Well after many months of R&D, testing turbos, creating a good supply of parts, working hard to bring turbo costs down... we finally have a couple of descent products to offer and we will strive to continue offering and bringing out better options.

Our KC 68 stage 3 turbo is very new to the open market, but it has been well tested. We started off with a couple of average joe testers and a couple of un-biased, well known performance shops to test out the turbos. Everyone so far has been SUPER IMPRESSED! It has been run with many different combos from stock injectors to 205cc injectors and everyone has said that they are super impressed.

Here are the specs:

KC 68mm Stage 3 VGT turbo

Application: 6.0 Powerstroke
Recommended Injector size: 175cc - 215cc

Specs:
Compressor = 67.8x94 billet 11 blade single plane wheel with extended tips (we offer a 6x6 upon request)
Compressor AR= we offer a .58 standard with .72ar race cover coming soon
Turbine = 74x70 10 blade gt40 wheel (this is our own proprietary gt40 based wheel unlike any other)
Bearings: 360 thrust bearing with larger than stock journal bearings
All Turbos are 100% dismantled, rebuilt, and rotating assembly balanced. Compressor covers are modified on a CNC machine. Turbos are 100% inspected and checked out before shipping.

Send me a pm for pricing

I wanted to post this video again... someone mentioned that the turbo spooled slow. It may look that way because we were taking it easy until we reached about 15mph and then rolled into the throttle. I can tell you that this turbo lights off SUPER FAST. All of my testers have told me that it lights off faster than any other turbo they have ever used. Even though that seems very unlikely for being such a large turbo, this turbo lights super fast. It cleans up 190cc injectors to almost 0 smoke and lights very close to stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a***a6p0pxA

Feel free to pm or email us with any specific questions

[email protected]

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We apologize to everyone for any problems or issues we may have caused. Matt (STR8LINE) is a great guy looking for a great option. When he called and told us that he wanted a barder turbo and was having a hard time getting a hold of james... I personally called James and talked to him myself. James and I had a pleasant conversation and I told him that I did not feel right taking any of his business (especially because they had already spoken many times). James told me he had been out of town and very busy. I left the ball in his court on what he wanted to do.

The only reason I tell you that is because I am not one to go and steal anyone's business or try and cause any drama/problems. I think it is always better if we work together towards the best outcome. I am friends with many other guys who own/run other aftermarket performance shops.

We sent out Matt's turbo the same day he placed his order. Hopefully it gets to him soon. Fedex, USPS, and UPS all said they were a little behind because of all the bad weather over the last few weeks.

I told Matt this and I will post it here. I offer Matt (STR8LINE) a 6 month 100% money back guarantee... if he feels cheated by a "non-vendor", does not like the turbo, decides he wanted a barder turbo etc... He just needs to send me back the turbo and I will 100% refund his money. It is just so sad that anyone in the world would wish for someone else's turbo to blow up. We have not had any of our turbos fail but if/when it does happen we will take care of our customers! Stuff happens... what separates the good from the bad is the ones who take care of their customers when things go wrong... not just when things are going great.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
We apologize to everyone for any problems or issues we may have caused. Matt (STR8LINE) is a great guy looking for a great option. When he called and told us that he wanted a barder turbo and was having a hard time getting a hold of james... I personally called James and talked to him myself. James and I had a pleasant conversation and I told him that I did not feel right taking any of his business (especially because they had already spoken many times). James told me he had been out of town and very busy. I left the ball in his court on what he wanted to do.

The only reason I tell you that is because I am not one to go and steal anyone's business or try and cause any drama/problems. I think it is always better if we work together towards the best outcome. I am friends with many other guys who own/run other aftermarket performance shops.

We sent out Matt's turbo the same day he placed his order. Hopefully it gets to him soon. Fedex, USPS, and UPS all said they were a little behind because of all the bad weather over the last few weeks.

I told Matt this and I will post it here. I offer Matt (STR8LINE) a 6 month 100% money back guarantee... if he feels cheated by a "non-vendor", does not like the turbo, decides he wanted a barder turbo etc... He just needs to send me back the turbo and I will 100% refund his money. It is just so sad that anyone in the world would wish for someone else's turbo to blow up. We have not had any of our turbos fail but if/when it does happen we will take care of our customers! Stuff happens... what separates the good from the bad is the ones who take care of their customers when things go wrong... not just when things are going great.

great post, very stand up. thanks for clearing that mess up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.