Stock huffer just let go, need a Big turbo ASAP!!

STR8LINE

Reaction score
I'm thinking I should deffinately go ahead an do the solenoid in the trans.. Need to figure out where best place to get one is.

Anything else I should Deffinately do before new turbo an tunes and spray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokedout250

Reaction score
I'm thinking I should deffinately go ahead an do the solenoid in the trans.. Need to figure out where best place to get one is.

Anything else I should Deffinately do before new turbo an tunes and spray?

Your gonna spray and run that 68 on a stock trans?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Your gonna spray and run that 68 on a stock trans?

Matt, I thought you had plans for a transmission?

I know many people that have gotten plenty of power out of their stock tranny. Many people pushing over 600hp. I think IDP hit around 700hp on stock tranny and it held fine

BUT I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT... you are just rolling the dice. I would not do this with a DD

smokedout250

Reaction score
Matt, I thought you had plans for a transmission?

I know many people that have gotten plenty of power out of their stock tranny. Many people pushing over 600hp. I think IDP hit around 700hp on stock tranny and it held fine

BUT I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT... you are just rolling the dice. I would not do this with a DD

205s and the 366 a couple of good runs and my trans has been slipping since.... Lol built one goes in next month

STR8LINE

Reaction score
I do have plans for a trans, just not rightnow.. I'm gonna put the gas on it, but I'm not going to use it often.. Like once on dyno, and then next time would probably be at the track.. Unless, I Need it :D

Really after march I could do the trans, I have a note coming up for 6grand in March. After that Im good, if I have too.. but Iam gonna find out how long it will hold. Hopefully I an get another trans built an ready to go before it lets go... May just be wishful thinkin tho

KCTurbos

Reaction score
My advice. Make sure you always do a good job of relearning the transmission shifts. There is actually a thread where the guy that wrote the software says it is not true... but many people say otherwise. (could have to do with aftermarket tunes)

Don't ever drive like a grandpa, go on a long road trip, etc... and then one day just decide to give it hell. Make sure you gradually build up your throttle pressure so it will time the shifts right. My tranny was doing great until one day, i switched tunes while on the dyno. One bad shift and the tranny was done.

Last edited:

STR8LINE

Reaction score
How much were you puttin down on the rollers when it let go?

Real good advice on the trans btw, I noticed that on my last truck and have always eased into the throttle after loading a new tune each time since then. That was on my 07 when I did intake, exhaust, tune.. It flared a quople times between shifts right after loading tune

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I had just put down 589hp with my IDP tune and I was switching to another tune. I gave it about 1/2 throttle to zip up to 70mph where I usually run my dyno... I should have let the tranny re learn a little bit. The light weight roller (compared to the truck) allows the truck to pick up speed SUPER fast. The tranny reacted to slow and missed the 3-5 shift SUPER HARD. The tranny was never the same afterwards.

I was probably only pushing about 200hp when the tranny let go. I was not pushing it hard at all. Just about 1/2 throttle with 0 boost to get up to speed. I blame the lack of relearn time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.