super duty picture thread:

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
Quick question before he leaves... a friend of mine says his ECSB 06 6.0 weighs 11,900lbs.. because of the sticker on the door...... :doh:

I'm here for some outside perspective... what should it weigh? Closer to 7/8k right? I'm being called stupid too lol. He has never actually weighed it

Explain the letters beside that number to him, GVWR GrossVehicle Weight Rating. Gross, as in total, all it is rated to carry on the trucks 4 tires, includes the weight of the truck, passengers, fuel, payload, tongue/pin weight of the trailer, etc. It is not what his truck weighs on a normal day to day basis unless it is loaded to the max. His net or curb weight is probably closer to 7-8k unloaded depended on how the truck is equipped/outfitted.

GCWR, probably not on the sticker, but in the manual, is the Gross Combined Weight Rating, this is for the truck and trailer combined.

Think of it this way, when you get your paycheck every week, you work 40 hours at $20 a hour. This gives you $800 Gross pay, but after the government, insurance, etc takes theirs you are left with $600 Net pay. That is how much you actually take home, after all the extra was "unloaded".

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Explain the letters beside that number to him, GVWR GrossVehicle Weight Rating. Gross, as in total, all it is rated to carry on the trucks 4 tires, includes the weight of the truck, passengers, fuel, payload, tongue/pin weight of the trailer, etc. It is not what his truck weighs on a normal day to day basis unless it is loaded to the max. His net or curb weight is probably closer to 7-8k unloaded depended on how the truck is equipped/outfitted.

GCWR, probably not on the sticker, but in the manual, is the Gross Combined Weight Rating, this is for the truck and trailer combined.

Think of it this way, when you get your paycheck every week, you work 40 hours at $20 a hour. This gives you $800 Gross pay, but after the government, insurance, etc takes theirs you are left with $600 Net pay. That is how much you actually take home, after all the extra was "unloaded".

Just showed this post to him. I was told youre wrong and your internet buddies are idiots LOL Can't fix stupid.... He's one of those kids that has everything that is the best and if you don't agree with him your wrong... lol

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Quick question before he leaves... a friend of mine says his ECSB 06 6.0 weighs 11,900lbs.. because of the sticker on the door...... :doh:

I'm here for some outside perspective... what should it weigh? Closer to 7/8k right? I'm being called stupid too lol. He has never actually weighed it

I've never seen a super duty with a gvwr over 11,500lb

07powerstroke91

Reaction score

All of my friends think thats what the gvwr means too, and no matter how many times I explain to them what gross weight means they never get it :doh:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
little bit of FlatBill Magic™ thanks to Phil's Photos added to an old pic I shot...

37054_10200546860947578_1451706154_n_zps37587ce1.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
all the retards that think that their junk weighs over 10k, tell them to find a set of scales and weigh the dam thing. then punch them in the throat!

dzlpwr, thats a cool photo edit!
live life full throttle

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
all the retards that think that their junk weighs over 10k, tell them to find a set of scales and weigh the dam thing. then punch them in the throat!

live life full throttle

Thanks! I shot the pic, Phil did the edit. And to anyone who thinks their truck weighs 10k empty... well thats just DUMB!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
mine did weigh 9800 once with no trailer. but that was with 90-100 gal of fuel in the drag tank and full of fuel in the regular tank and all the chit i take on the road with me when i go to work... but the lightest ive had it was just under 8k.. that was when i needed to make weight for a pull i went to.

live life full throttle

Fly By Night

Reaction score
Just showed this post to him. I was told youre wrong and your internet buddies are idiots LOL Can't fix stupid.... He's one of those kids that has everything that is the best and if you don't agree with him your wrong... lol

Sounds like it is time to put a $100 bill on the line and go get it weighed.

B.Warning

Reaction score

live life full throttle

My KR and 550 both way over 10K lbs a piece. Bet you won't come punch me in the throat.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My KR and 550 both way over 10K lbs a piece. Bet you won't come punch me in the throat.

dam i gotta learn to quote people... first of all B, that was supposed to be to a quote to ad8 about his buddies with pavement pounders not loaded down with tools and fuel..... and the 550 isnt even in the same category as a f250. the drivetrain alone weighs more then most of them. let alone with a bed and cab on.

pretty sure most of the guys on here understand what it takes to make a truck weigh that much... a f250 that was originally talked about is less then 8k unless the bed was full of fuel.

depends on the bet or if im in the area working. its a long drive for something like that. lol

live life full throttle

Last edited:

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
Yeah, I posted her before... but this is a photo thread. Let's see pictures not talk weights.

I have no idea how heavy she is... BTW.

no_pistons7

Reaction score
rain stopped today for a bit so me and a buddy went out and snapped some pics, trucks kind of dirty..well more dirty then it usually is

IMG_0358-1_zps36a4d396.jpg

image5_zps978c6893.jpg

image3_zps8c38fdfd.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.