SuperArmor for the Superduty

sootie

Reaction score
love it. personally not a fan of how it wraps all the way around to almost the wheel arch

Layson

Reaction score
I don't know if I like it that much. I feel like if I stepped in the wrong spot I would fall on my ass.

As far as price goes. You ought to not do the hitch so it would be cheaper. That looks like it would be a very expensive bumper and not that stealthly looking.

I think if you had a step where it wraps around would be nice. Otherwise I don't know if I like the wrap around side.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
to me, it looks like you basically took a stock front bumper, copied the lines and made it thicker. which is fabulous. looks great!

that rear bumper is no where near matching in my eyes.. if you copied the oem rear bumper and integrated the hitch underneath like a oem, then it would be tits!

live life full throttle

Layson

Reaction score
to me, it looks like you basically took a stock front bumper, copied the lines and made it thicker. which is fabulous. looks great!

that rear bumper is no where near matching in my eyes.. if you copied the oem rear bumper and integrated the hitch underneath like a oem, then it would be tits!

live life full throttle

I feel exactly the same way. I would have no issue paying some serious money for the front bumper. I wouldn't for that rear bumper and I know that rear bumper will be spendy.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
love it. personally not a fan of how it wraps all the way around to almost the wheel arch

Might look best if it dies off at the same line as the factory rear bumper.

I don't know if I like it that much. I feel like if I stepped in the wrong spot I would fall on my ass. I feel the same way

As far as price goes. You ought to not do the hitch so it would be cheaper. Yup. Leave the factory hitch and the liability to Ford on that one. That looks like it would be a very expensive bumper and not that stealthly looking.

I think if you had a step where it wraps around would be nice. Like the GM style, maybe? Right on the corners. Otherwise I don't know if I like the wrap around side.

that rear bumper is no where near matching in my eyes.

I think a heavier built version of a factory copy would be nice. Even better to integrate some openings in some concealed spots for some LEDs. Maybe underneath near the hitch, not out in the middle. I like the 3/8" in the impact area. Just a couple of thoughts.

higherlife

Reaction score
I like the look but:
Chevy style steps in the corners would be nice
I wouldn't integrate the hitch, if you paint the bumper it could get scratched sliding the hitch in and out unless a ss sleeve is integrated
I like the idea of having aux lights to light up the hitch for night time
I always thought it would be cool to have storage area within the rear bumper for trailer in accessories. Even cooler if it could be locked.
Winch in rear, would be nice but I would prefer some sort of storage.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I wouldn't personally want it wrapped around the sides, to me it ruins the look of the bumper but that's just my .02

smcox1

Reaction score
Pretty much feeling the same as everyone else. Front bumper is awesome, back bumper is......

TrickTruck

Reaction score
This is one I designed some time ago, but never made. Do you like it better?

Uses the stock hitch and is more like a std rear bumper.

Personally I like the wrap around a lot and wish I'd done it a month ago. Was moving logs and clipped the corner, denting the crap out of it and mangling one of the flairs too. Probably did $1k of damage and barely hit the log.

V6RearIso2.jpg

V6RearIso.jpg

This one I could fire up pretty quickly as it's a finished design with the fixture and everything. Make some drawings and go.

Still would like to add a step in the corner though.

Reaction score

Personally I like the wrap around a lot and wish I'd done it a month ago. Was moving logs and clipped the corner, denting the crap out of it and mangling one of the flairs too. Probably did $1k of damage and barely hit the log.

V6RearIso2.jpg

V6RearIso.jpg

This one I could fire up pretty quickly as it's a finished design with the fixture and everything. Make some drawings and go.

I definitley like the look of this one better. Even if you added a few additional things like a step or something, I think the base look you have here is better.

Reaction score
what do you like about it better?

Working on some better renderings now...

Like lincolnlocker was saying earlier, the first one just didnt seem to match the truck body lines and everything like the front bumpers did. This second one you posted seems to match the idea of the front bumper better as well as give it a nice clean look VS over the top. While I think the first one was creative, just didnt seem to go with the look you had with your awesome front bumpers.

smcox1

Reaction score
That second one is a lot better. It's nice and tucked to the truck to match the front bumper. The second one definitely has a lot of protection but it's bulky unlike the front bumper. Now if that first bumper required you to cut the lower part of the bed sides off and the bumper stayed underneath the bed sides maybe sticking out just a little for protection it would flow better but I don't think anyone wants to chop their bed up lol!!

smcox1

Reaction score
True it probably wouldn't look bad on your truck but a truck without flares it just kind of randomly stops. Plus I don't really care for the two different heights in the back it kind of looks like a slide. Maybe you could make two different options, the ultimate protection and the OEM style. But on the big one I would make the back like the smaller one.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

V6RearIso2.jpg

V6RearIso.jpg

heck yeah! thats perfect!!

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Like lincolnlocker was saying earlier, the first one just didnt seem to match the truck body lines and everything like the front bumpers did. This second one you posted seems to match the idea of the front bumper better as well as give it a nice clean look VS over the top. While I think the first one was creative, just didnt seem to go with the look you had with your awesome front bumpers.
agreed 100%

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
I like the first bumper but with the rear step to match the second bumper. I love that extra protection, being I use my truck offroad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.