SuperArmor for the Superduty

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Personally I like the wrap around, integrated hitch, steps in the corners (not shown). But I'm responding to market (here) and making the stock replacement looking one first. Design is done, going to get material cut next week.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
RearV63.jpg

RearV62.jpg

RearV61.jpg

I like this one better also. Simple and clean. The corner steps would be nice, but might collect with crap too. One problem that I have with the factory bumper is that when the tailgate is down, the tailgate gets muddy. That mud comes from the tires through a gap between the bumper and the box. This happens while running factory mud flaps too. I ended up adding a second flap underneath the body to deflect the rocks and mud but it would've been nicer if the factory could have resolved this.

What do you think you will be selling these for?

D10Tion

Reaction score
That rear looks killer man. I'd say add the corner steps. I have the fab fours rear with corner steps and even being on job sites every day nothing really collects in there.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I looked at a GM bumper today and maybe you could just fab the corners to accept the GM steps. Kinda crappy, but would look factory. Just a thought...

Reaction score
Robin the only thing i don't think i like about the back bumper it the top step pad sloping down in to the bottom one. You are loosing a decent amount of step pad this way.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
take a picture of where your winch solenoid box is located. I had to do some heavy modification to mine.
This was one of those gotta think 'outside the box' problems. Rather than cutting up the box and trying to weld something plastic back together we simply moved the solenoids to the back of the winch so they are protected and eliminated the 'crap catcher' box. The box wasn't sealed and IMHO anything that's not sealed and used in the mud/dust/dirt simply collects the environment. Just ask any ATV rider. If it's a space and is not cleanable and cleaned regularly it will pack full of mud/dirt/etc. The 'box' didn't do much for keeping the solenoids out of the elements and all the components are sealed components anyway.

Also added a bracket for the plug on the Superwinch. Seemed pretty clean when we finished with it.

higherlife

Reaction score
I didn't do a trial fit run like robin suggested. I was to eager to get it to the paint shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Well, I guess if this stuff were easy everyone would be doing it.

The partnership went the way 99% of all partnerships go. If any of you ever hear me talking about a partnership again, please take me out in the parking lot and run my dumb ass over. It'll be less painful.

Cost me enough for a small home, but I learned that lesson...the hard way.

I have moved the brake press to my little shop (1200sq ft) and am working on firing it back up (bolt it down convert it from 480 3 phase to 220 single phase and wire it.) Still need to buy a TIG rig, but other than that have most of what I need to do it here w/o idiot partners screwing everything up and bleeding me dry.

In the meantime... I wouldn't mind selling a few of the 6 bumpers I have finished. I think I have the stealth one that's black powder coated sold locally, but the others are still up and I'm willing to cut some special deals for anyone who's interested. I'd like to keep a few on hand so that if I can get the interest of a municipality or fleet account I have one to ship them. But the others would help pay for that new Miller TIG rig and all the other assorted things I have to spend money I don't have on.

Thanks for the support so far.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Maybe hit me up-I'm involved with a fleet outfitting business i might be able to drum up some interest if the price is right.

higherlife

Reaction score
7e2e18dc581cead6249d95cc2b7e3c10.jpg

Got it installed last week. Forgot to post pictures. I mounted the solenoid box under my intake and ran the plug to be mounted under the dash. Couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higherlife

Reaction score
Oh and in the pic above i had the winch mounted upside down so i got to install it twice. :thumbsup: i blamed it on the beer

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Post some more pics from further back so we can see the whole thing.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Out of curiosity and interest. How much is the "special deal"? Like the one shown in the pic above.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online