superblazin's whicked build

Superblazin

Reaction score
Just a quick update:
Due to a conflict between work/life balance, I am going to bump our Dyno day until the December 3rd!

Shawn has been doing a marathon stretch of 15 hour days at work for over a week straight now and has a few more day's to go to finish up the project they are working on!

When he does get back home later this week he should spend some quality R and R with his family.

Family first, then toys!

Okay Update 2

Shawn was buttoning up the final assembly yesterday and along came the game of "One of these things does not line up with the other!"

Up pipes no fitty!! By like 5/8"

With no access to a Tig until Monday to cut and rework the pipes, The dyno day is going to have to bump again! A new date of December 10th is set, As thats when Shawn and my Schedules are soonest to cross paths and dedicate a day.

On a Seperate Note I have asked Adrian (Mtw), If he wants to Fly up a Stage 4 into the Mix for a Throw Down!

I hope he Does as I think The stage 4 deserves it's turn to show some ##'s, with the same truck, Same Dyno, Same day Testing!

Superblazin

Reaction score
How long ago did you get your steed speed manifolds? Are they the new style?
I'm not sure why they don't fit? Shawn forwarded me a couple pictures but I cannot upload with my iPad. But I cannot tell if they are hitting something on the back of the motor or if it's an alignment issue. Shawn Will post up, once he's caught up with his family I'm sure.

Steeds are the old style manifolds, The new ones hadn't come out yet.

Superblazin

Reaction score
Who's dyno are you going to be using?

Luke

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
He has been sending me pics throughout the reassembly and It looks sweet! It's almost done.
I feel like a bit of a dick for driving on snowy/muddy gravel roads before I gave it to him! It's a little dirty!

There's a couple of dyno choices Shawn is working with up in Edmonton, Trying to align our schedules with work and Dyno time has been harder than the build itself. It will happen this week but its looking like Friday is when I can get up there now.

AllanB

Reaction score
When you guys stamp out a definite date for the Dyno, do post it. I know a ton of people are anticipating the results on this build. I know I am one for sure. With the supporting mods, this will definitely tell what this big VGT Turbo will do. IMO. Be sure to post EBP with Boost. This will be interesting.

Did you get any feedback from Adrian on the Stage 4? I hope he is going to send one. It is rare, even if ever that someone will take the time to dyno 2 different turbos by running the first one. Then remove it to install the other and dyno it with the same setup. I do hope Adrian has one built that he could send up there. I believe it would be a great benefit to his company to get a Stage 4 to y'all. He will probably never get a chance like this again. Especially dynoing it on a fresh built Shaun Elerton motor. Not saying others can't build one as well as Shaun, but the guy has built himself a great reputation with the 6.0. At the end of the day, it is the names involved on things like this that help sale performance parts.

Last edited:

AllanB

Reaction score
When you guys stamp out a definite date for the Dyno, do post it. I know a ton of people are anticipating the results on this build. I know I am one for sure. With the supporting mods, this will definitely tell what this big VGT Turbo will do. IMO. Be sure to post EBP with Boost. This will be interesting.

Did you get any feedback from Adrian on the Stage 4? I hope he is going to send one. It is rare, even if ever that someone will take the time to dyno 2 different turbos by running the first one. Then remove it to install the other and dyno it with the same setup. I do hope Adrian has one built that he could send up there. I believe it would be a great benefit to his company to get a Stage 4 to y'all. He will probably never get a chance like this again. Especially dynoing it on a fresh built Shaun Elerton motor. Not saying others can't build one as well as Shaun, but the guy has built himself a great reputation with the 6.0. At the end of the day, it is the names involved on things like this that help sale performance parts.

Also just to get this straight. I am also NOT saying that Shaun is advocating the selling and buying of Madwerks turbos. Just saying that Adrian has without a doubt had a pretty sweet deal fall in his lap, and if at all possible it would benefit his company to seize the moment.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
This project did take way to long. I started a new job, Jame's is a superintendent on a new parkade build, been a struggle for both of us to line up our days off together for this. I'm surprised no ones asked what's taking so long. :bs:

But long story short we have both pulled a vacation day now so we can get this over with :redspotdance:

Trucks done now, just waiting for days off. Can't wait

Superblazin

Reaction score

Allan,
I have had a few conversations with Adrian and even offered for him to join us for the day. I have quoted his response, I
understand his position as a small buisness owner and respect his honesty, unfortunately it doesn't look like its possible at this time.
Maybe in the spring he can send one up and I'll do back to back tests at the track one night for the results?

"James, I would really like to send you a stage 4 to try, I trust you and getting it back. It's the post office and customs I don't trust. I have had some problems in past with lost packages and I just can't risk that at this point. I'm really looking forward and would realy like to be there, but I actually need to play Santa Claus at family christmas party for my grand kids on that day.( as crazy as that sounds ) I know what the stage 3 with those injectors calulated should put out and it sounds like your truck is soild, so I think it will hit the numbers. Thanks to you and Shawn for helping get the word out. Adrian"

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
james1.jpg

james4.jpg

james2.jpg

james5.jpg

james3.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.