Swamps 175/146's vs Unlimited 160/30's

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well I guess I'm different if I had hybrids I would want to take full advantage of them. Tuners like you cam do a great job at making things safe. I just feel that if I'm gonna go that big that I wanna be able to use full power of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearhead

Reaction score
Well I guess I'm different if I had hybrids I would want to take full advantage of them. Tuners like you cam do a great job at making things safe. I just feel that if I'm gonna go that big that I wanna be able to use full power of them.

why not buy injectors once and stay out of the power levels that need supporting mods until you get the supporting mods for the appropriate HP level?

smokedout250

Reaction score
You got me there! When I got my injectors through beans they told me to with the 2s because I would a whole list of stuff to run hybrids. If I had to do it again I would do hybrids in a heart beat! But I'm not one to do smart things and would have probably blown my motor just so I could have have power lol

4duggan

Reaction score
why not buy injectors once and stay out of the power levels that need supporting mods until you get the supporting mods for the appropriate HP level?

Wish I had listened to this advise, and yes I was advised.

Now I have my bts, 38r w/1.15,r/r, in-tank mods,traction bars,Swamps tunage ect. and I am riding around with Swamps 175/146 inj.

While having to save up for injectors again.

Last edited:

Big Bore

Reaction score
400 HP on 175's is a dismal 2.3 HP per cc. 2.4 HP per cc is a very conservative number which makes 420HP. Guys are getting 375 HP from the 150cc Babies which is 2.5HP per cc. With a 38r and good fuel and oil system I don't see why 425HP isn't a more than reasonable expectation for 175's.

Last edited:

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Because with the stock nozzle it takes too long for that fuel to get out of the injector to make the extra 25cc's worth anything... You are comparing apples to oranges.

The correct comparison would be our 160/30's to Swamps 175/30's. The 146 nozzle is "stock".

stroker2

Reaction score
I wanted to go with hybrids, just couldn't pass up the deal on these 175s. I think ill be happy with them. My truck doesn't weigh much so it should move pretty well.... I hope.

Depends on what you define as "move pretty well." My truck with mods in sig will break loose on pavement once i hit ~2200rpm in 3rd but barelyyyyy. Your injectors arent much smaller than mine so your truck should run well

smokedout250

Reaction score
400 HP on 175's is a dismal 2.3 HP per cc. 2.4 HP per cc is a very conservative number which makes 420HP. Guys are getting 375 HP from the 150cc Babies which is 2.5HP per cc. With a 38r and good fuel and oil system I don't see why 425HP isn't a more than reasonable expectation for 175's.

Okay so then what is a 160/30 gonna put out for power? All I wanted was a 400hp truck

Big Bore

Reaction score
Because with the stock nozzle it takes too long for that fuel to get out of the injector to make the extra 25cc's worth anything... You are comparing apples to oranges.

The correct comparison would be our 160/30's to Swamps 175/30's. The 146 nozzle is "stock".

If that was in reply to my post, yes, I agree, and I was referring to the 175/30's which is what I am currently running. I also think a 100% nozzle would be a better compliment to the 175 for the same reason you are stating.

Tom S

Reaction score

I do not think that is the average by any means more like 350hp or less. Seems like it was only Bill recently that had that much.

bruce

Reaction score
Jonathan at beans made 497 on a set of 170/100's so I don't think 400 on 175 with stock or 30% nozzle is askin too much

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

toad

Reaction score
Unfortunately the budget looks like it will limit my prior plans so now i'm lookin at just goin with stage 1 165's from full force through DP so i can get the tuning included for free

toad

Reaction score
well i possibly spoke too soon... there's good chance a local guy may want my dp tuner. if he does i'll round up a ts chip and we'll go from there...

toad

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I've been pretty busy lately and haven't got on here much but I got a good deal on a set of used one year old 175/30's that were swapped out for hybrids. I got them put in today. I got a ts chip burned with Cale's tunes. Wow I'm really surprised how well it runs and drives. It's very safe to say that the truck is so much nicer to drive with this tuning than the former tuning. I really like how the footfeed is no longer and on off switch. It's virtually smoke free now too!

Latest posts

Members online