Swamps 400/400's thoughts

strok-n

Reaction score
Hey guys I am thinking of going with swamps injectors 400/400's and I am just wanting to know what kind of experience you guys have with their injectors.

TyCorr

Reaction score
They are pioneers in diesel power development and a benchmark. Hows it.get.any better? Btw, I hope you.have big turbo$. Motor built heavy?

TARM

Reaction score
From your sig I assume you are running 200% right now so I assume you know what your are stepping up to. Any particular reason you want to switch builders or just want to see what others are like?

strok-n

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. the motor and turbos will be able to handle these. Only reason I am thinking of switching is the fact that swamps nozzles are their own. I have heard some of the others are cracking very quickly. I dont want to spend the money to do this and have the nozzles give out.

Blowby

Reaction score
Been running the 400/400's from Swamps for a few years now and I've sent them in twice during the down time to get flowed and inspected. Every time they came back stating everything passed all tests. I can say that they do hold up with a lot of daily driving.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. the motor and turbos will be able to handle these. Only reason I am thinking of switching is the fact that swamps nozzles are their own. I have heard some of the others are cracking very quickly. I dont want to spend the money to do this and have the nozzles give out.

Have you called & talked to Nate about your plans on going larger? I'm sure he'll address any concerns you may have regarding nozzle quality.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Have you called & talked to Nate about your plans on going larger? I'm sure he'll address any concerns you may have regarding nozzle quality.

Not to deter you from Swamps, but I agree. Nate is right there with injector technology. With him your only a nozzle swap away from a 320/400 ?

strok-n

Reaction score
I did talk to Nate and he he said that the 400% nozzles they have are prone to crack on a truck that is used on the street. That is the reason why I am thinking of switching to Swamps since they make their nozzles.

Powersmoker

Reaction score
It's a great product. I've been running Swamps 400/400's for 2.5 years now, with no issues whatsoever. These injectors are capable of 1000+RWHP.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 7

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in here, I know that there are several folks running 400% nozzles and I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that. I was just trying to make you aware of the possibility of a cracked nozzle down the road. We have no issue installing them on our competition injectors. I think that Swamps or any other injector builder would be foolish not to warn you against a possible defect that has been somewhat of a "known" issue. Believe me, I'm not the only builder that has had issues with the 400% tip cracking. Myself and a few other injector builders have seen issues on occasion and I'm not comfortable selling them to you until you know the risks. As far as Swamps "making" there own nozzles, I cannot comment, but as far as I'm aware there is only one supplier that makes the 30%, 80%, 100%, 200%, 400%, 600% and 800% nozzles. Correct me if I'm wrong...

strok-n

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Nate I was glad you were upfront with me on the nozzles. When I talked to swamps they said they make their own nozzles, I am starting to wonder if that is true or not though. I am just trying to get as much information as possible before I make a decision.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Been running the 400/400's from Swamps for a few years now and I've sent them in twice during the down time to get flowed and inspected. Every time they came back stating everything passed all tests. I can say that they do hold up with a lot of daily driving.

Kinda off subject but not really in the case of how good Swamps injectors are. Curiosity has got the best of me. Do you know how many miles you have put on the 400/400's since first getting them years ago? Regardless of how many times you have taken them out for inspection.

Your truck has been kinda an example of the great things that can be done with big fuel and tuning.

Blowby

Reaction score
Kinda off subject but not really in the case of how good Swamps injectors are. Curiosity has got the best of me. Do you know how many miles you have put on the 400/400's since first getting them years ago? Regardless of how many times you have taken them out for inspection.

Your truck has been kinda an example of the great things that can be done with big fuel and tuning.

I estimate about 12k miles minimum.

TARM

Reaction score
I wonder how many miles Charles has total on his as he uses it for hauling and regular daily work from what I have seen.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Charles hasnt always ran 400/400s. He ran 250/200s when the compounds went on the first.time. Then switched to 300% nozzles on a 300cc hybrid injector. Then went to the 400s. Im fairly certain,if.memory serves me correctly, the 300s are in his 450 that he used for "the.baddest 38r truck on the planet" thread. Slapped hundy over nozzles on those injs.

I asked him about what all he has ran with the compounds and he broke it down for me..

Latest posts

Members online