Swamps 400/400's thoughts

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Not.enough to.keep em! LOL. Those are prolly good.for 600+.

Plan is 2.6 pull truck. Figured they would be perfect.

And with 300/300s theres room for upgrade, which is why he prolly did so,. as well as having compounds. LOL

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Idk. Prolly just pulling.

Then why not do 600/600 ???? And then twin modded HPOP..

Matt@Gearhead's Cam>>Stage 2 Sled Cam: - $600.00
This cam is identical to the stage 2 but has a different exhaust lobe for the pullers running an 88mm exducer turbine. This cam drives the turbine harder at lower rpms thus preventing the charger from snuffing due to the rpm dropping when the pan hits at the end of the track. This is THE cam to have for well setup 7.3 pulling trucks. Custom valve springs with a 400-430 lb/inch rate are required and 150 lbs of seat pressure is recommended as well as being able to handle .500” lift. A .030 or more exhaust valve relief in the piston crown is also required. Contact us for a valve spring recommendation. Upgraded pushrods are required..

Mount a Icebox (as a intercooler) for the compressed air (if it is allowed)

Have a GTX4508R turbo, OR a equivalant. Then just have a ring made to neck it down to 2.6 inch 2.8" or 3.0" What ever works at the time..

But If you are not going to tear into the engine.. then the stage2 sled cam would not work..

BUT this would...>>Stage 1 Cam: - $525.00
This is the cam International should have put in this engine for the Powerstroke truck application. This cam is a perfect stock replacement cam that has performance and towing benefits by lowering smoke output and EGTs. With a slightly different centerline and lobe aggressiveness over stock, this cam does everything the stock cam does only better under all conditions. This cam also prevents reversion with high drive pressures common to typical single street turbo setups. Stock heads with upgraded valve springs are the minimum requirement (Comp Cams 910 shimmed to 125lbs on the seat), but lightly ported heads really complement this cam. No piston modifications are required and valve lift with stock rockers is .450” Upgraded pushrods are required because of the added spring pressure.

Then just do all the needed supporting mods to make it work together!!

And have fun!!!

Head work would be good!!! Some good porting could help spool the turbo better and get more air quicker...

7.3psd97444

Reaction score

This cam is identical to the stage 2 but has a different exhaust lobe for the pullers running an 88mm exducer turbine. This cam drives the turbine harder at lower rpms thus preventing the charger from snuffing due to the rpm dropping when the pan hits at the end of the track. This is THE cam to have for well setup 7.3 pulling trucks. Custom valve springs with a 400-430 lb/inch rate are required and 150 lbs of seat pressure is recommended as well as being able to handle .500” lift. A .030 or more exhaust valve relief in the piston crown is also required. Contact us for a valve spring recommendation. Upgraded pushrods are required..

Have a GTX4508R turbo, OR a equivalant. Then just have a ring made to neck it down to 2.6 inch 2.8" or 3.0" What ever works at the time..

But If you are not going to tear into the engine.. then the stage2 sled cam would not work..

This is the cam International should have put in this engine for the Powerstroke truck application. This cam is a perfect stock replacement cam that has performance and towing benefits by lowering smoke output and EGTs. With a slightly different centerline and lobe aggressiveness over stock, this cam does everything the stock cam does only better under all conditions. This cam also prevents reversion with high drive pressures common to typical single street turbo setups. Stock heads with upgraded valve springs are the minimum requirement (Comp Cams 910 shimmed to 125lbs on the seat), but lightly ported heads really complement this cam. No piston modifications are required and valve lift with stock rockers is .450” Upgraded pushrods are required because of the added spring pressure.

And have fun!!!

Head work would be good!!! Some good porting could help spool the turbo better and get more air quicker...

I didnt really ask for this. LOL BUT, I do appreciate it. Trust me, I know what it takes and what I need/want to do. Just gonna take time.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

And have fun!!!

400% tips on the sticks.

88mm turbine wheel at the minimum. If it was me -and I was building a dedicated truck - it would be a 96mm turbine wheel.

DO NOT JUST BUSH THE COMPRESSOR HOUSING!!!! One that won't cut it with the rules (pretty sure Indiana is protrusion....). and two there are MUCH better ways of meeting the rules that will be more powerful.

An air to water intercooler is much better than an ice box if the rules allow it.

If you want - we can talk about it next time I'm in Danville.....

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
400% tips on the sticks. Why stop with 400% if you can go bigger?? Fear of blowing a tip??

88mm turbine wheel at the minimum. If it was me -and I was building a dedicated truck - it would be a 96mm turbine wheel.I understand the 88mm as a minimum and bigger would be better....

DO NOT JUST BUSH THE COMPRESSOR HOUSING!!!! One that won't cut it with the rules (pretty sure Indiana is protrusion....). and two there are MUCH better ways of meeting the rules that will be more powerful.What would be a better way?? Get a big comp wheel and have it cliped to work in a 2.6 housing?? as long as the Exhaust wheel is 88mm or bigger??

An air to water intercooler is much better than an ice box if the rules allow it.Why would a ice box not work better then air to to water?? I would think the ice would make the air colder quicker..?? Can you explain yourself please??

I would love it if you could Explain this all a little for me... I love to learn all I can about the 7.3 World..

Thanks!!

David

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
400% tips on the sticks.

88mm turbine wheel at the minimum. If it was me -and I was building a dedicated truck - it would be a 96mm turbine wheel.

DO NOT JUST BUSH THE COMPRESSOR HOUSING!!!! One that won't cut it with the rules (pretty sure Indiana is protrusion....). and two there are MUCH better ways of meeting the rules that will be more powerful.

An air to water intercooler is much better than an ice box if the rules allow it.

Your right about hte Protrusion and Air to water FTW.

http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php?osCsid=036356f81cb68adb6bf69c6ea38bf1c1

Specifically...

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...d=947&osCsid=036356f81cb68adb6bf69c6ea38bf1c1

Underlined: You've been to Danville?! Right on. Hell yeah Ide love to chat. Hell between you and a few others ive always thought of being the 7.3 masterminds. LOL I know Ide learn a thing or twenty.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I would love it if you could Explain this all a little for me... I love to learn all I can about the 7.3 World..

Thanks!!

David

There's a point were atomizition needs to be considered.. Bigger doesn't mean better....

^This

Also remember you can be too cold after the cooler where it is hard to keep/get the charger lit

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Thanks!!

David

Bigger is not always better.

There are places that will willingly sell you a competition level 2.6 charger - most of them are S400 or HX60 based..... there is a ton of time and work into them these days to meet the rules and make as much power as rules allow.

With an ice box you could only get your air temp down to the level of the ice in the best setup. With an air to water intercooler you could get your air temp below the typical freezing point of water with the correct heat transfer medium...... hint hint.

Underlined: You've been to Danville?! Right on. Hell yeah Ide love to chat. Hell between you and a few others ive always thought of being the 7.3 masterminds. LOL I know Ide learn a thing or twenty.

Yeah - I visit a little full service fuel station out there with several garage bays out back right next to the liquor store.... LOL ;)

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Yeah - I visit a little full service fuel station out there with several garage bays out back right next to the liquor store.... LOL ;)

Haha I know the place. Ide actually love to get my feet in the door there...currently job searching. Just graduated College...

...and they arent really Powerstroke guys, im sure they like your 7.3.

Latest posts

Members online