Swamps 400/400's thoughts

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Haha I know the place. Ide actually love to get my feet in the door there...currently job searching. Just graduated College...

...and they arent really Powerstroke guys, im sure they like your 7.3.

The are horsepower people - if it makes horsepower - they think its cool. Excellent people to deal with. I've known them for a while through the truck pulls - I've had many good friends use them for work and parts - so I've been out there a few times since 2005/2006 time frame. LOL But what really sold me - I was on my way home from Scheid's in '08 on a Sunday - I had to swing by Mark's house to pick up some stuff and when I was leaving through town I almost lost a rear wheel off the truck pulling the trailer... I had my pulling truck and a Danville built truck on the trailer... in fact I got the truck stopped right at the entrance to Lowes.... A quick phone call and there was a roll back picking my truck up in 30 minutes to be taken back to their shop. I was rolling with a group of guys and we reorganized the tow trucks around and we all proceeded on home. They too great care of me then - and because of that I will never hesitate to send people there.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
The are horsepower people - if it makes horsepower - they think its cool. Excellent people to deal with. I've known them for a while through the truck pulls - I've had many good friends use them for work and parts - so I've been out there a few times since 2005/2006 time frame. LOL But what really sold me - I was on my way home from Scheid's in '08 on a Sunday - I had to swing by Mark's house to pick up some stuff and when I was leaving through town I almost lost a rear wheel off the truck pulling the trailer... I had my pulling truck and a Danville built truck on the trailer... in fact I got the truck stopped right at the entrance to Lowes.... A quick phone call and there was a roll back picking my truck up in 30 minutes to be taken back to their shop. I was rolling with a group of guys and we reorganized the tow trucks around and we all proceeded on home. They too great care of me then - and because of that I will never hesitate to send people there.

Wow man thats awesome. They are great guys. And in the past 2 or 3 years ive watched thier business grow. Hell I see thir name mentioned in almost every issue od DP mag. LOL Everytime I drive by(which is almost daily) I stare at thier lot looking for somehting cool to be sitting there. Today there was a Red Duramax pulling truck sitting there under the awning. DRW and hood stack. LOL Just neat to see stuff like that so close to me. Be a dream come true to work in there for me.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Bigger is not always better.

There are places that will willingly sell you a competition level 2.6 charger - most of them are S400 or HX60 based..... there is a ton of time and work into them these days to meet the rules and make as much power as rules allow. Them thing are spendy!!! I have looked at them before.. But good to know thanks!!!

With an ice box you could only get your air temp down to the level of the ice in the best setup. With an air to water intercooler you could get your air temp below the typical freezing point of water with the correct heat transfer medium...... hint hint. ;)

As far as water to air.... Dont tell me you use liquid nitrogen to cool the air!!!

TARM

Reaction score
Maybe a substance that can allow the use of carbon dioxide in a certain state to be used and is found in another one of our engine's systems. Think temps in the -40° to -100° before freezing.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Maybe a substance that can allow the use of carbon dioxide in a certain state to be used and is found in another one of our engine's systems. Think temps in the -40° to -100° before freezing.

You're over thinking this. Plus I am only talking about actual intake air temps in the 20*F range.... its done ALL the time for air to water IC setups and is no where near exotic or even any visible system changes to the naked eye looking at the equipment. Still cooled by fresh out the freezer ice.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
You're over thinking this. Plus I am only talking about actual intake air temps in the 20*F range.... its done ALL the time for air to water IC setups and is no where near exotic or even any visible system changes to the naked eye looking at the equipment. Still cooled by fresh out the freezer ice.

Salt water/ice?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
i-demand-an-explanation-baby-demotivational-poster.jpg

TARM

Reaction score

I was actually not going too complicated, was simply speaking of dry ice and ELC coolant/water in a ratio anywhere from 50/50 to 70/30 depending on your cooling needs that's all. I only figured adding in the dry ice to show the extremes things could be taken to with readily available substances if needed. No need for freon or liquid nitrogen etc.. I would likely stick to a basic of 50/50 coolant/water with salted ice water. I have gotten many cases of hot beer to slushy cold in record time not to mention a fair share of homemade ice using ice and rock salt. Think that would work wonders for either a single turbo or compounds in both or the final stage.

Latest posts

Members online