Swamps 7.3 common rail

Dieselfever

Reaction score
He might have been sarcastic? Saying, that is 2.6 power. None the less that would make a 7.3 a good runner and more competitive in either class than they are now :ford:

JD3020

Reaction score
He might have been sarcastic? Saying, that is 2.6 power. None the less that would make a 7.3 a good runner and more competitive in either class than they are now :ford:

Yep, except for the mechanical 7.3's. Which for some reason they seem to get built, pulled some, then are never seen again. :shrug:

Be interesting to see what improvements they make to squeeze some more power out. Aside from head flow, i don't see why a CR7.3 couldn't make the same, or more power than a 6.6

01PSD

Reaction score
Yeah Tommy Hassler's version. Haven't heard of that problem on the dyno with Scotty's though... interesting. Not saying it hasn't happened

02BigD

Reaction score
There's a huge difference between dyno pulls, and yanking 40k behind the truck for 300 feet.

02BigD

Reaction score
*sigh*.

Technically I was referring to the amount of time that the rails were being subjected to the high pressures pulling vs making dyno runs with my post. I was simply using the sled as a metaphor.

Then again, maybe Tommie is commanding a boat load more rail pressure than Swamps is. Doubt it but.. Dunno...

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
*sigh*.

Technically I was referring to the amount of time that the rails were being subjected to the high pressures pulling vs making dyno runs with my post. I was simply using the sled as a metaphor.

Then again, maybe Tommie is commanding a boat load more rail pressure than Swamps is. Doubt it but.. Dunno...

Lol I was gonna say something to him but gave up before I started

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
*sigh*.

I see your point. I thought you were referring to the weight.. I was like?????? The thought did run through my mind but I figured since you did not say it you did not mean it like that.

Does anyone know whos are what rails they are using? The 6.4 dont seem to have trouble...

Steve....... :D

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
In a FB post he said 50k psi.... kind of threw the :bs: flag in my head but idk.

IF that is the case then i can see why. BUT that seem a little unlikely.. In any case 50K PSI is high. There is systems out there that are being tested that do 60k But never heard of it in a automobile yet.

For??????

Latest posts

Members online