The BBC

TripleE44

Reaction score
If it helps, I waxed my BMFs I had on my 6.4 maybe every 6 months and the chrome was fine. And that was the original chrome everyone was having problems with before they switched coatings.

I think our weather around here helps a ton. And if you keep the truck pretty clean and use your head it'll be fine.

I vote polished. I saw 2 Harley trucks on my way to work with black and machined wheels....

HOOV3R

Reaction score
a3une9e3.jpg

udaheren.jpg

9e5yjuju.jpg

Not black, but the same wheel and tire size you want.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
If it helps, I waxed my BMFs I had on my 6.4 maybe every 6 months and the chrome was fine. And that was the original chrome everyone was having problems with before they switched coatings.

I think our weather around here helps a ton. And if you keep the truck pretty clean and use your head it'll be fine.

I vote polished. I saw 2 Harley trucks on my way to work with black and machined wheels....

The "murdered out" thing is played out and that's really the main issue with going black.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
The "murdered out" thing is played out and that's really the main issue with going black.
Agree'd.
While a well done murdered truck still looks good, there's been sooooo many attempts that end up looking like chit it's kinda burnt out.

With your options....I say chrome.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Stop using the oraler term "murdered out" already!!! :rolleyes:

I like both. Black is trickier to pulloff but easier on maintenance.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
BLACK

:lookaround: I might be biased a bit.

LOL

Can't find the pics, but there was a 6.0 Harley on here with SOTAs that looked AMAZING IMO.

Chrome on a black lariat, ok, but IMO, the Harley trucks need a black and machined wheel. Fits the theme of the truck. Like the Harley wheels are black and chrome. Interior is black and chrome. I think that'd look good carried out on the wheels as well.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
This is basically the exact same setup that I would have if I went black (same lift and tires)

imagejpg1-2.jpg

Post on page 6 is the same setup with chrome

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
The best looking truck with a black/machined wheel is the white over silver two tone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
......that's racist....

Except Wednesdays. #whitegirlwednesday of my favorite holiday. Not racist on Wednesdays

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407207094.147449.jpg
Found this in the "6.0 Powerstroke" group on fb
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407207161.679988.jpg
I think this is the same truck I was thinking about. There's a vid of a truck on YouTube, and I'm pretty sure it's the same truck, but with BMFs on YouTube. The avatar on YouTube is a blue 6.0 rcsb, and I think it's the same on here, if anyone wants to alert him.

That, or I'm on crack. Don't tell Eric that though…

lx_2nv

Reaction score
This is tough. Any other day I'd say I'm all about the black - and just ordered black wheels for my black ex.

but...something about a harley tells me it needs to be a polished wheel of some sort. I thought the wheels on the 05+ stock were sexy as hell

Latest posts

Members online