the motor.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
after putting some miles on it driving it home, it seems a bit stronger with the converter lock, but its hard to say how much if any. the cam definitely plays with the rpm range , kinda makes it better from what i can tell. its going on the dyno tomorrow, so we'll see.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to see it running again buddy!! Those turbos sound great, and they did a phenomenal job under the hood!

thanks buddy!! im happy! BFT did all the original cleanup and these guys just made sure it came back that way. i may wanna play with some stuff and do some re routes now that everything is polished. ill be interested to see what she dyno's, i say 652 .

BFT

Reaction score
thanks buddy!! im happy! BFT did all the original cleanup and these guys just made sure it came back that way. i may wanna play with some stuff and do some re routes now that everything is polished. ill be interested to see what she dyno's, i say 652 .

and nathaniel from elite

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
and nathaniel from elite

tru dat. im no john force when it comes to thanking my sponsors.

i HAVE to thank tadd, nathaniel , and cowpoke at elite for making this swap and new parts painless. they did an awesome job taking care of me when it mattered.

im interested to see what the power range does with the cam, good or bad.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it only made 593. Back pressure was crazy high, and really didn't have a chance to figure out where the regulator needed to be. I saw 89-90 absolute bp. The crazy thing was, the dyno run started at 580hp at 2300 rpm and ended at 580 at 4000 rpms. Flattest curve this truck has ever seen. I'm not sure if the 3:55's and the cam are affecting the peak power, but I know corsili's has never dyno'd well on fuel , I wonder if the gearing plays a role. Anyway the truck feels a bit stronger than before so only the track will tell I suppose.

jdgleason

Reaction score
With some gate work you know it has more than that buddy.... thst thing lights crazy fast in that second video. Looks like a blast to drive for sure.

The old setup made right around 650.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i wonder what my truck would do power wise if it lit like that lol, get that damn back pressure down

i think the gate was sticking. i ran it from 70-110 today and never saw over 56 psi of bp.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That is what I thought it could be. Couldn't see it acting so weird with almost the exact same set up. Is your gate easy to get to or up under the cab like mine?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Lovely, cab coming up.

cab doesnt have to come up to swap it, but we think there was some residual oil left in it from the blow up, but Beefy and i put a mechanical gauge on the big turbo today, we made 8 test runs dialing the big turbo. the gate is working properly as of now, and we are seeing 52boost and 58bp up to 100 mph .... truck is only gonna go 106 ish in the 1/4 anyway, so we know we are good. on the dyno we were ending the test at 145mph.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That's good. So was it reading wrong, or just seemed to be working when you attached the mechanical gauge? With those 3.55's you can pull that mph. You weren't seeing over 48psi or so on the dyno where you?

Latest posts

Members online