The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
How did you go about doing that Jason? Got a parts list :D or is it a slew of machine work?

Its just some machine work to make it happen. Pics will be coming

A buddy of mine down here in TN used 97 ford D60 outers on the SD front end he put under his wifes Fummins.

You go that route or do something different?

Using all the Superduty parts - passenger side knuckle is modified for a high steer setup though.

Nice! I actually prefer IFS, so much easier to work on and imo lasts just as long with a few upgraded parts.

I've babied my IFS as much as I can stand and milked it out as long as I could with only a couple of wheel bearings being swapped. I'm tired of babying the front end of this truck. I'm well aware of the aftermarket offerings for the IFS for these trucks - the common center link and tie rod sleeves make it steer like crap - the braces don't hold up under power, the wheel bearings just like to fail no matter what. No more.

Very interested in this. Are you going to be using the stock unit bearings or going to spindles?

Stock unit bearings for now - we will see how they hold up - eventually going to go to a rebuildable bearing setup when these fail.

Why not a 10.5 rear so you wouldn't have to modify the pattern or better yet a dana 80?

Because a 10.5 isnt anywhere near as strong as the AAM axle. The AAM axle can be argued that it is stronger than the Dana 80 if you watch and talk to the truck pullers - they are pretty well on par with each other. Plus I had this axle in my inventory. LOL I wanted to stick to an 8x6.5 lug pattern to have a greater aftermarket wheel selection as well as a better selection of used wheels in my area since that is the most prevalent pattern.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Are you done yet?? LOL

Finished it over lunch, but I'm going to spoon feed you guys pictures over the next few weeks while I'm twiddling my thumbs.

That is going to be awesome Jason. Can't wait to see it done! what are you going to haul the gooseneck with being that thing is going to be so tall?

This will still be trailer towing machine it was purchased to be.... more details later on that aspect of it..... :D