The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
A little update - Bryan (01dmax) was helping Matt_P on his Cummins conversion as well as wrenching on my truck today to get some chit stripped out of the Dmax while I was at work today.

2697730560088936788XWJjYi_fs.jpg

2394656940088936788fIIVeQ_fs.jpg

2286600670088936788mOviTP_fs.jpg

2710115690088936788dpprCJ_fs.jpg

2227152590088936788vGzNrg_fs.jpg

Last edited:

01dmax

Reaction score
yea between working on making an adapter to fit the cummins to the big engine stand. Helping matt get his engine on the stand and tore apart, going to town to get bolts and other stuff and still being done by 8 with a bare block in the bed of my truck. I say today was very productive.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I made a little progress today - had a couple issues that I'll just have to deal with when fitting a bunch of aftermarket stuff together that was never intended to go together. LOL

Pappy boards are gone thanks to Matt_P!

There is no turning back now! I started slicing off brackets with the plasma cutter!

A big thanks to both Matt_P and Bryan (01Dmax) for some assistance today around the shop. Plenty more work to do, but hopefully tomorrow after some clean up work with the grinder I might be able to tack weld in the first couple pieces of new steel!

smorris

Reaction score
What year front end ya goin with? Sorry if its already posted, didnt read the whole thing. BTW, Jason gimme a call when ya get a chance. Need some info on a duramax buildup. Starting from bone stock to who knows where it will end.:popcorn:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
What year front end ya goin with? Sorry if its already posted, didnt read the whole thing. BTW, Jason gimme a call when ya get a chance. Need some info on a duramax buildup. Starting from bone stock to who knows where it will end.:popcorn:

I'm using an '05 Superduty axle up front. I'll give ya a shout here this week Scott.

Matt_P

Reaction score
I made a little progress today - had a couple issues that I'll just have to deal with when fitting a bunch of aftermarket stuff together that was never intended to go together. LOL

Pappy boards are gone thanks to Matt_P!

There is no turning back now! I started slicing off brackets with the plasma cutter!

A big thanks to both Matt_P and Bryan (01Dmax) for some assistance today around the shop. Plenty more work to do, but hopefully tomorrow after some clean up work with the grinder I might be able to tack weld in the first couple pieces of new steel!

Your welcome, we are just gonna have to keep throwing thank you's back and forth for a while for helping on eachothers piles LOL

And I think those running boards are the hardest thing Ive worked on yet

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I did something similar to my 95 chevy. IFS was killing me so in went a dana 60 and a 14 bolt. Cool build, tire wear is another big issue with these things. Mainly if you are running larger tires and go off roading.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Are you going to paint the frame also?

You don't think I should leave all that fantastic GM undercoating and rust like it is?

Yes - the whole rig will be getting POR-15 with a semi-gloss top coat. Right now it will just be in the "visable" areas - but I'm already planning on pulling it down the bare frame (no cab, bed, or drivetrain) to get everything else painted because there are a couple of areas that I can't weld and can't finish cutting off brackets and clean up with the engine in the way - plus I need to update the body mounts to they hydraulic version so it can take care of some of the road beaming problem that these trucks have.

Future, but not too distant plans include a fully custom HRT built bed as well....