The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
You don't think I should leave all that fantastic GM undercoating and rust like it is?

Yes - the whole rig will be getting POR-15 with a semi-gloss top coat. Right now it will just be in the "visable" areas - but I'm already planning on pulling it down the bare frame (no cab, bed, or drivetrain) to get everything else painted because there are a couple of areas that I can't weld and can't finish cutting off brackets and clean up with the engine in the way - plus I need to update the body mounts to they hydraulic version so it can take care of some of the road beaming problem that these trucks have.

Future, but not too distant plans include a fully custom HRT built bed as well....

Well I guess you could leave it lol can't wait to see this truck done!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
What's done to the dmax? I see a downpipe. Twins?

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Right now it has compounds (3.0 atmosphere with Danville modified VGT in the valley), lift pump, custom EFI-Live tuning that is a mixture of myself, Danville, and IdahoRob, II 30% over CP3, Spearco IC, Crank it up Trans.... it moves out when needed :D

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

vcassens

Reaction score
I want this exact setup right down to the axles put in a suburban. but that will be a little while LOL

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Right now it has compounds (3.0 atmosphere with Danville modified VGT in the valley), lift pump, custom EFI-Live tuning that is a mixture of myself, Danville, and IdahoRob, II 30% over CP3, Spearco IC, Crank it up Trans.... it moves out when needed :D

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Moves out when needed..... pssssstt.... it gets out from under you when your not even trying LOL. So Mich fun driving your truck!

vcassens

Reaction score
I'm good LOL I wold rather have the satisfaction of building it my self. I actually almost bought an 04 2500 GMC Yukon last week but me and the wife are trying to buy our first house right now so it will have to wait

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Moves out when needed..... pssssstt.... it gets out from under you when your not even trying LOL. So Mich fun driving your truck!

I know you had fun driving it around in the tow tune. LOL I'll make sure that next time you get the opportunity to drive it that its a bit closer to the race file :D

Only Tons

Reaction score
Are you modifying the 273 TC yourself? Or are you getting one from a place like Transfer Case Express or maybe even WFO does them... I want to swap in a 271 behind my Allison but don't want to pay $1000 for one ready to go.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Are you modifying the 273 TC yourself? Or are you getting one from a place like Transfer Case Express or maybe even WFO does them... I want to swap in a 271 behind my Allison but don't want to pay $1000 for one ready to go.

This one I bought through Toby at XXX Traction - mostly because I didn't want to figure out how to make the Dmax electronics work with the 273 - to make a 271 bolt up to the Allison in my '79 Ford I used a Dodge input shaft from a manual transmission 271 and elongated one hole in the Allison flange. I still need to add a speed sensor for the Allison to the case, haven't worked out the details there yet - you might also need a clocking ring for clearance - I know I'm using one in this truck. Call Toby up - for the price I don't think you can beat just ordering one by the time you get a tcase, modify it, install it, and take the time to work out all the kinks.

Only Tons

Reaction score
Well at least I already have a clocking ring... haha. So you recommend Toby, I'll keep that in mind as the time gets closer. I've been running the ORU SYE in my 261. Needless to say my truck has been in 4wd about 8 times since the swap and I have broken 4 cvs and 3 shifter cables. Bryan knows I have fun though!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Any progress Jason?

Yeah, a little progress every night. LOL I finished stripping the front axle down and had Bryan burn on the new track bar bracket and coil over brackets on the axle, just waiting for a couple of tools to show up so I can set up the ring and pinion in the front (broke my dial indicator a while back, never replaced it, bought a Dana axle spreader). Last two brackets to weld onto the axle are for the hydro assist steering cylinder which hopefully is leaving PSC soon. I had to locate some fine thread 3/8 flanged nuts for the tcase which I have now, so I can install the 273 into the truck. I had to modify the skid plate for transmission pan clearances - I started plasma cutting out a chunk last night and cleaning it up with a grinder - just a little more clean up work to do to make myself happy with it - but before I finish I need to get it up under the truck and mounted so I can transfer drill the holes into the frame and make sure it all fits - then pull it back out and paint the skid.

I'm also going to need to build a new downpipe for the atmosphere charger because mine is going to have a major interference issue with the coil over shock tower - so I'm also looking at if I have enough room to upgrade to some aftermarket cast manifolds and up-pipes and still be able to install a down pipe that snakes around the coil over tower on the frame and the manifold.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Sounds like a whole list of things to take care of. I still want a ride, ray talked about it all day a while back, so i have to feel da powa now.

Latest posts

Members online