Truck Jam Piedmont Dragway Oct. 20th

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
IMO even other trucks with a billet wheel and stock housing wont match a 6.4

red dodge with stock turbo still on it (06 with efi live) has been winning workstock all year againts all these trucks, he placed top 5 this weekend out of 30 trucks and the top 3 was 6.4 dmax and dmax

Exactly. Chase can supposedly get 700+ out of his 63.5" 2.5" housing, but a 6.4 with a 2.5" (stock inducer won't do it). 2.5" is a class started by Danville and Fleece to sell a product

its a good starter class and we plan on running it next year. help out the truck workstock guys a little.

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
I have to agree w/ GatorBait on this one... Esp. when the rules you posted said that the 6.4L could have billet wheels but no modified housing but then didn't stick to those rules

Even though it didn't really matter since Jared ended up having a STRING of bad luck during the pulls (or maybe the JUNK industrial pump that doesn't like to start when hot???) or (maybe ben broke it on purpose)... just messing here... hope you get everything fixed Jared cause you got an awesome running truck...

i understand bud, its hard to tech those trucks just by looking but for sure in march i will have somebody else check trucks and lining you up as you come off the scales. sorry for the slow start and show guys. just counted and we had almost 95 hooks which is awsome!

hhrecovery

Reaction score
I understand it is hard to tech the trucks but Jared isn't hiding anything and everyone knows what he is running, including yourself the tow power + turbos from elite which are modified housings and not just drop in replacement wheels..

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
I understand it is hard to tech the trucks but Jared isn't hiding anything and everyone knows what he is running, including yourself the tow power + turbos from elite which are modified housings and not just drop in replacement wheels..

yeah i no bud. rules are changing and i'm sorry for anyone who got upset. will make sure everything is taking care of over the winter. will post results later 2day. gotta get all that equipment out of there now. :doh:

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You would think knowing the rules would be enough to keep guys from entering clearly non stock charger(s) in a stock class, protest or not, it's taking a dump on the small guys who are obiding by the rules, It's pretty sad to see them get thrown under the bus by the guy abusing the fact that no one was teched to cheat and beat stock trucks..
Who dynos 800+ and then has the cojones to enter stock class in front of everyone?
I'm not sayin, but I'm just sayin....

MINK

Reaction score
Wow, cry babies. Sorry someone builds a better truck to the rules stock apearing than you.

hhrecovery

Reaction score
The rules WEREN'T stock appearing.. What Lee posted as rules on the Truck Jam facebook ad were
6.4's must be stock turbos, no modified housings, but can have modified wheels

It keeps getting said that it will get fixed over the winter but if rules aren't inforced on trucks he knows aren't allowed in the class it doesn't really matter what the rules actually are for next year...

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm not crying over anything, what's the point of class rules
If we don't follow them, or tech trucks? His setup was clearly against the rules, end of story, why would you enter it in a class you are 200+ hp over the next nearest truck, illegally? Especially if you are representing a shop....
Rant over

Last edited:

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
^^^^

This is why it's so much fun to just go to a simple brush pull.

90% of the people there can barely "tech" the truck they drove, and just about nobody cares.

It's just for fun.

woodduck97

Reaction score
I think next year I am going to try to run a 475 in the stock class. haha Cheaters will always try to cheat. Someone not knowing what they are looking at it will pass. Hell I have had problems passing workstock rules because noone at the tech shed knew what a stock OBS 7.3 turbo looks like.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the event regardless of the sled pull situation. I got to be right at the end of the track, y'all should have seen the color if Jared's manifolds lol.

I have one recommendation though. For the dyno, it would be nice if y'all could set up a big board or screen to show the numbers. It was kind of aggravating to have to ask the girl writing them down or other people around you.

The whole thing was a blast though! See you March 16th!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think next year I am going to try to run a 475 in the stock class. haha Cheaters will always try to cheat. Someone not knowing what they are looking at it will pass. Hell I have had problems passing workstock rules because noone at the tech shed knew what a stock OBS 7.3 turbo looks like.

Right? Work stock is the new open class apparently LOL

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
You would think knowing the rules would be enough to keep guys from entering clearly non stock charger(s) in a stock class, protest or not, it's taking a dump on the small guys who are obiding by the rules, It's pretty sad to see them get thrown under the bus by the guy abusing the fact that no one was teched to cheat and beat stock trucks..
Who dynos 800+ and then has the cojones to enter stock class in front of everyone?
I'm not sayin, but I'm just sayin....

Who talks **** about everyone else's parts and never shows with their own?

I run work stock in the midwest, and I'll tell you what, you'll learn up north what truck pulling is all about, putting power to the ground.

All of the low hitches, stock shocked, lifted, lack of functional suspension atop trucks are hindering themselves. Up home, you want a work stock truck, you do 95% of your suspension work before you even touch under the good

My boy nick that was with me has a mostly stock lbz that places top 10 all the time because of proper set up.

Excuse me from coming in with a truck that was set up for a class, and putting power to the ground..

By the way, remember I placed 3rd in 2.6 even breaking my rear end, with stock housings... Maybe set up has something to do with it.

Sad when I'm beating trucks on SPRAY.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Who cheated? The rules were stock appearing turbos? The truck you speak of has stock housings, no cheating there in my book... Don't be mad because you got beat, use it as a learning experience and build your truck better. Josh had it right.... Crybabies

sent from somewhere in the country

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
Who cheated? The rules were stock appearing turbos? The truck you speak of has stock housings, no cheating there in my book... Don't be mad because you got beat, use it as a learning experience and build your truck better. Josh had it right.... Crybabies

This is why I cant wait for our pull Nov 10th. Let a Ford come down and show out and all the dmax boys start cryin about tech. I know because I tech them!

Our rules are stock appearing and I know several dmax's with cheetahs but they are stock appearing so..... Hook them bit(he$ up and lets pull!

hhrecovery

Reaction score

ACTUALLY it is not Stock appearing...
Lee SledPullin Guru Daniels
Truck Jam Update:

Schedule:
10am racing will start.

Burnout contest: 1pm
-signups will start in the morning and will be under the Appalachian Coal Rollers Booth
-$10 to enter, 100% payback to 1st place plus shirts/hats ect from Lee's Diesel, App coal rollers, Rudys diesel and others.
Contest will be judged on Smoke (tire/exhuast), time and crowd reaction.

Grudge Pulling: following the burnout contest (2:30-3)
-$10 to enter, 100% payback to 1stplace plus shirts/hats ect from Lee's Diesel, App coal rollers, Rudys diesel and others.
-street trucks only, no hanging weights, or any in the bed. best 2 out of 3 pulls.

Sledpulling: 6pm
-sign up's will be track side starting at 5pm with a pullers meeting at the sign up table at 530
-$20 1st hook, 2nd hook $5
-Each puller will be tech'd right b4 there class starts. anyone who refuses to pop there hood or take there intake off will not pull for money.
-Running order:
2.6 8500LB 4x4 Diesel (no nitrous)
Small block Gas 6800LB
Hotfarm/Super farm Tractors 10,500LB
Open 4x4 Class 8500LB (nitrous allowed)
Big Block Gas 6800LB
Super Stock Diesel Tractors 8000LB
Workstock Diesel 8500LB (stock appearing turbos, billet wheels allowed, 6.4's must be stock turbos, no modified housings, but can have modified wheels)

Latest posts

Members online