Tuning 101 - Thread Merged with Injector Posts

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I do! Running well, its a bit slower after I traded for a set of 400(?)/ 200's. I was having nozzle reliability issues, any kind of issues like that had no place on a DD so they had to go.

Cool! PM me your email.

I think we had a thread like this going back in the day, we should revive that one :)
but that also means you need to stick around too!

live life full throttle

bigfords

Reaction score
I'm looking to run 200s in the near future, but still my biggest concern is cold start smoke. How are these 200 EDMs doing on cold starts? Also, is fuel mileage hurting? These would be going on a daily driver.

97stoker350

Reaction score
a truck that makes more power typically will get better milage if you can keep your foot out of it

i get 15mpg out of my truck... with 200s

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I think if there was a tuner that was closer to me I would try some 200's but I tried
To go with an injector that runs well without live tuning

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I'm in on a tuning thread as well. I plan to start playing with my truck once it is back together. Esp if a PCS will change the way the trans feels by as much as he said. That was my biggest complaint before was trans shifting and lockup.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I have 200% nozzles and Matt at gh has done a great job writing my tunes and emailing them to me. I have a good daily and a really good drag file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I went with a whole different turbo setup and injectors. I sent my old injectors that you tuned back to PIS and they said they had issues. Sooo im glad I did what I did. Your tuning was great but the idle sucked which come to find out wasn't your fault which we kinda figured to begin with.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Glad to hear that you got it figured out. The idle inconsistencies drove me nuts but we agreed it was injectors.

Hey buddy, been awhile! This thread is turning into one heck of a reunion!

For those who dont know Cody, hes was Bills right hand man for some time and is one of the most knowledgeable tuning/ diesel/ truck guys around. He has taught me everything I know about the way these things think and has helped me out of a pinch on many occasions. Great dude! Glad to see you're still around!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hey buddy, been awhile! This thread is turning into one heck of a reunion!

For those who dont know Cody, hes was Bills right hand man for some time and is one of the most knowledgeable tuning/ diesel/ truck guys around. He has taught me everything I know about the way these things think and has helped me out of a pinch on many occasions. Great dude! Glad to see you're still around!
as in php?

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
If you have a Hydra, what else is needed to write your own tunes (other than a copy of Minotaur)? In other words, what is the cheapest way to get your feet wet?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you have a Hydra, what else is needed to write your own tunes (other than a copy of Minotaur)? In other words, what is the cheapest way to get your feet wet?

dont specifically need a hydra but most ts style chips work.. hydra is just so nice for emailing tunes. and the amount of tunes held.. but im sure bill at php used to sell a starter kit.. jd3020 just started tuning a year or so ago. check with him how he got rollin..

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
dont specifically need a hydra but most ts style chips work.. hydra is just so nice for emailing tunes. and the amount of tunes held.. but im sure bill at php used to sell a starter kit.. jd3020 just started tuning a year or so ago. check with him how he got rollin..

live life full throttle

Thanks man. Looks like PHP offers a package deal with a Hydra for just under $700. I'm pretty much sold on the Hydra, but want to package it with the Minotaur so everything is much cheaper. I'll hit up jd3020 for some advice. Thanks!

Charles

Reaction score
I suggested a long time ago having a place where we could upload files to be shared.

Things would jump forward in a flash if that happened. I think tiny nozzles would vaporize quickly. With multiple people having certain parts of files nailed it would be easy to combine aspects from each and quickly get very nice files.

Latest posts

Members online