turbo blanket

OSCS

Reaction score
been thinking about buying one. I would like to hear if anyone actually noticed a difference with one. If so where can i find a good one for an externally wastegated s366? is one better than the other? I see cheap ones on amazon etc.

Last edited:

SDstroker

Reaction score
I have had good luck with mine. Keeps the heat in where its suppose to be. Really helps cuz I have coolant lines going to my CHRA. I got mine from WOP. Might want to get ahold of Jacob.
Edit: I should add that I do notice a quicker spool up and around 50* lower EGT's
2012-07-14_12-54-45_883.jpg

Last edited:

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I just ordered a t4 and t6 blanket from ptpturboblankets they seem to have good reviews all over the web. I wont be much help on wether they help or not since in doing injectors and hpops. But from my readsearch guys on ls1tech say they do indeed help with spoolup and underhood temps. The only potential issue is with holding heat in too long after shutdown and cooking the oil in the turbo. But ive only seen that mentioned once or twice after reading up on them for 6 hours..

OSCS

Reaction score
I just ordered a t4 and t6 blanket from ptpturboblankets they seem to have good reviews all over the web. I wont be much help on wether they help or not since in doing injectors and hpops. But from my readsearch guys on ls1tech say they do indeed help with spoolup and underhood temps. The only potential issue is with holding heat in too long after shutdown and cooking the oil in the turbo. But ive only seen that mentioned once or twice after reading up on them for 6 hours..

never really thought about it cooking the oil.. something to think about. I would think it might actually help with the longevity of the turbo IE preventing rapid cool down. All in all it's got to help i mean it is by far the main source of heat under the hood.

how big of pain in the ass do you think it would it be to install one of the PTP blankets with the turbo under the hood?

OSCS

Reaction score
Hardest part would be putting the wire ties on to hold it together. But im sure it could be done.

I might just pull the DP off to make it easier. PTP's blanket looks to be better made. Hopefully someone will chime in whos ran one or the other. I know junkie got one from amazon for like $70 but i dont think it was specific to the s300 series turbos. I wonder if there is a difference or even a reason to spend the extra $30 on a series specific blanket.

OSCS

Reaction score
I have had good luck with mine. Keeps the heat in where its suppose to be. Really helps cuz I have coolant lines going to my CHRA. I got mine from WOP. Might want to get ahold of Jacob.
Edit: I should add that I do notice a quicker spool up and around 50* lower EGT's
2012-07-14_12-54-45_883.jpg

sounds like you got your moneys worth.. 50 degree drop is alot! i wouldnt have thought a blanket would drop EGT's at all much less 50 degrees

OSCS

Reaction score
alright enough talk i think im going to pull the trigger on a PTP im gonna throw in some heat wrap too its only 12 bucks. Ill do some before and after reviews when i get it on

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
Mine shipped out today ill post some pitcher when they get here

cool, when did you order it? im hoping theyll get here by friday. I have to re seal the passenger bank plenum so this weekend would be a good time to put everything on

Latest posts

Members online