Twin turbos worth it or not?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
So run me title for title. Put up or shut up. My best times aren't in my sig. That what David ran with bad tire spin and basic tunes. Besides, the last time I checked mid 13's beat the *** out of bottom 14's. Suck my ranch hand. My biggest worry is your little piss ant Mustang clogging up my air flow as I blow past you. Do you even own a diesel or are you just another wannabe that talks **** with nothing to back it up?

Dafuq pissed in your cherrios???

This isn't fast and the furious, racing for pinks ?? Start calling you dom

sent while staring at a windowed block

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Get as sentimenstrual as you want, but your 170/100's or 6.7 won't even come close to touching my truck and you know it. I have the perfect 7.3 to build on, which is why I am. I don't expect to hit any HP records, but I do plan on being able to tow at 300rwhp and keep my driveline intact, while hitting 1000RWHP on spray.

I have most of the parts and the willingness to deal with the BS of getting the set up dialed in. You have a 6.7 and a 7.3 with little girl injectors. I'll run you any day, title for title....as long as the title is for the 6.7. Put up or shut up.

DUDE WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD? do you think im a newb or something? You just went full retard! Never go full retard! First, I wouod never ever race for pinks.. second, im PRAISING the 7.3!! third, I would hope to ***in god that your setup would beet mine!! Fourth, my 6.7 is stock, bone ***in stock and maybe someday have a mild tow tune...

Believe me my tow tune on my dually which is right around 300hp will flat out hand it to my stock 6.7 with my fifth wheel on the back. But its never in the tow tune. I run my hot tune balls out with anything hooked to the back or not.. just dont miss a shift and bounce it off 4500rpm. It may hurt something. I haven't found what it hurt yet. I need to tear it down...

live life full throttle...
load it like a box car, drive it like a stock car

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
Haha...what just happened? Did someone start drinkin? It went from discussing the value of high dollar 7.3 w/compound builds vs. tuned late models for same money, to the 'geh and the curious'.

bruce

Reaction score
All hail docbar as the baddest mofo ever. 250/100's and a dinky drop in is the baddest, fastest combo ever.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
can I like a post in here or something? I WAS reading a really good thread to which I can relate to with my set up and BOOM **** talking like wahhhh?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
OK - simmer down fellas. I'm not sure WTF happened here....

Back on the subject of compounds - I'm a guy that is for them and with good reason. With compounds you can broaden your power curve out and have that high level of power in more places. This gives you bottom end grunt and top end power. Compounds are more about drive-ability in more situations than a large single.

purplepstroke

Reaction score
I will be finding out soon!
1384057_10153403180770182_2043680385_n.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thats what I kinda thought. Are they to close to the same size for them to be efficient on a 7.3?

live life full throttle...
load it like a box car, drive it like a stock car

purplepstroke

Reaction score
Figure if they can make 550 on a 6.4 they should make 400 on a 7.3. Plus there cheep. Most people are selling them for $500 to $600 a pair. All together all have a little over a $1000 in the setup. But i work at an IH shop to.

Petro

Reaction score
I would think they would work well size wise but I'm far from being half as knowledgeable as most of the guys here. The VGT would be the biotch in the setup.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didnt think any of that was big enough to make any kind of power on a large displacement diesel?

Seems like a great idead but very limited as far as power. I definitely could be wrong though.

Latest posts

Members online