Two new HPFP and both leaking from front seal

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
According to one site I just looked up. The Maxxforce pump is a direct replacement for IH and F series engines.

The next question would be, if you purchased one of these pumps, would you get a new one or a remanded one?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I belive that I have found someone close to me that rebuilds these k16 pumps. I will call tommarow and see what they have to say.

webb06

Reaction score
I have noticed on my front pump (DD kit) that the frame rail directly under the pump is damp. I can't visibly see it leaking anywhere and it could just be a line that is just a little loose. I haven't investigated much on it since it isn't leaking really much at all.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Well the shop that I thought was rebuilding these pumps doesn't. They do just about everything else other than these pumps.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I am wondering if the IH pump that is for the MaxxForce engines are the same as the OEM pumps? I am thinking that maybe the IH pumps could be a way to get away from these issues. Right now I really don't know though.

Now your on to something.
FYI. My truck is getting a "new" HPFP in the valley as we speak. I am gonna be checking the oil very closely.

Reaction score
Now your on to something.
FYI. My truck is getting a "new" HPFP in the valley as we speak. I am gonna be checking the oil very closely.

Do u have pictures of the top of the pump where the lines all go into pump?? If so what tag is on it ???

I talked with our fuel gurus yesterday ... And so far this doesn't sound to promising with our situation gentleman :fustrate:
Another thing is that fuel testing equipment is not released yet to test these pumps I am told. For anyone who "knows" any different please let me know :thumbsup:

"To the best of my research" there is no one remaning these pumps besides Continental.
And from what I am told there is no aftermarket companies as far as seals and parts it all comes from them as of now :/ .

B585Ford

Reaction score
Do u have pictures of the top of the pump where the lines all go into pump?? If so what tag is on it ???

I talked with our fuel gurus yesterday ... And so far this doesn't sound to promising with our situation gentleman :fustrate:
Another thing is that fuel testing equipment is not released yet to test these pumps I am told. For anyone who "knows" any different please let me know :thumbsup:

"To the best of my research" there is no one remaning these pumps besides Continental.
And from what I am told there is no aftermarket companies as far as seals and parts it all comes from them as of now :/ .

My truck is at Holder's. I don't they the pump is in yet...I believe they are still waiting on a few other parts so I will try to get the label. Is there anything specific from the tag?

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
9yqu2usa.jpg

Brett's new pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
That's the same tag that is on mine that is pissing fuel as soon as it gets to 0* here. I hope that you have better luck than I have had on the past two pumps.

After that all inspiring nod of approval....I can't wait!!!:clapping:

Jokes aside, thanks for bringing this topic. At least now I know to check my dipstick every 5 miles.

And thanks for posting the pic Jansen.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but say its the seal thats allowing the pump to leak is different(no snap ring) Is it possible to take the used seal from a stock pump and swap the seals? I know it might sound stupid to reuse an old seal but if its not leaking and the shaft is the same size why wouldn't it work?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Does anybody offer rebuild kits/seal kit for these things. I'm fixing to buy a dual pump kit but wanted to have 2 new pumps and not not sure if I can still buy new.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I have yet to find anyone inside of the US. I have found one company that makes a rebuild kit for these but I could not find how to get my hands on a kit from the internet only. I am planning on calling tommarow and seeing if I can talk with someone about this.

08RED4x4

Reaction score
On Rudys Diesel website they have new (at least thats how its advertised) pumps. Might be worth checking out.

Latest posts

Members online