Two new HPFP and both leaking from front seal

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
So after a few days now of research on the VDO k16 pumps, I have found a contact here in the United States that takes care of these. This morning I talked with him finally for a good bit and was told that it lies on Ford. The people building these pump will not sell you or anyone else other than Ford any parts for these pumps. They are under contract with Ford and build these pumps to Ford exact specs. He did say that he was going to talk with the people installing the seals and see if there is something different they can do and if there is, they will talk with Ford and relay the thoughts. So now I will move on to Ford and see what they say.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Ok guys you are really going to like this. Talked with several people from Ford today and they said just keep returning the pumps if they leak because they will be covered. Not what I wanted to hear at all.

webb06

Reaction score
Ok guys you are really going to like this. Talked with several people from Ford today and they said just keep returning the pumps if they leak because they will be covered. Not what I wanted to hear at all.

Are the footin the labor cost too?! Haha

HD F250

Reaction score

Great news that they will take the return, but it will suck for those that have to go cab up on this and eat the labor bill. I guess I will take my chances on a new front pump since I can change it a little easier.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
They said they would not cover any labor charge incurred with the pumps. I would not be afraid to get a new pump and put it up front because they are easy to change out.

webb06

Reaction score
They said they would not cover any labor charge incurred with the pumps. I would not be afraid to get a new pump and put it up front because they are easy to change out.

Unless its installed by a ford dealer I would assume? That's what they told me on my block anyway, that's the only way ford would pay for labor

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Yes it would have to be installed in a Ford dealership for labor cost to be warranted as well.

B585Ford

Reaction score

Surely they must know about this issue. That's a h#ll of a deal, we contract people to make this. Its a POS, but we will take it back if it leaks and oh yeah, even though we know it is expensive to replace, we aren't gonna cover that cost cause you shouldn't have bought this anyways.
Is buying a pump directly from Seimens out?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Well, if my pump starts to leak, I think I am just going to buy dual pumps and pull the one from the valley out.:fustrate::fustrate:

Jerry,
Thanks again bringing this to everyone's attention and for taking the time to try to find a solution by calling Seimens/Ford.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Well, if my pump starts to leak, I think I am just going to buy dual pumps and pull the one from the valley out.:fustrate::fustrate:

Jerry,
Thanks again bringing this to everyone's attention and for taking the time to try to find a solution by calling Seimens/Ford.

that's not such a bad idea :eek:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score

Jerry,

There is no way that you will get a pump from the manufacture. I did ask if that was at all possible and the guy laughed and said, "Only if you own Ford Motor Co.". The only thing that can be done right now, is either return the pumps that leak or pull on of the seals out of the pump and try to find something that works.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
My question would be this, when someone rebuilds these pumps for more flow, a la II, where did they get there parts that they needed for reassemble?

B585Ford

Reaction score
There is no way that you will get a pump from the manufacture. I did ask if that was at all possible and the guy laughed and said, "Only if you own Ford Motor Co.". The only thing that can be done right now, is either return the pumps that leak or pull on of the seals out of the pump and try to find something that works.

I am part owner of Ford. Think I have about 100 shares so I will buy them and you all can buy them from me.LOL

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
They start with reman pumps that are rebuilt. They don't have to since they already have new seals.

That is correct because this is exactly what my argument was. Then I found out that II doesn't have to rebuild/replace anything because they are all new remaned pumps they start with.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Well I am headed back to stock fuel for now so my duel fueler kit is up for sale in the classifieds. Kit is priced to sell!
I however will not be giving up on this seal deal. There has to be a better solution than just keep trying them until they work.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I am headed back to stock fuel for now so my duel fueler kit is up for sale in the classifieds. Kit is priced to sell!
I however will not be giving up on this seal deal. There has to be a better solution than just keep trying them until they work.

high powers and stock fuel suck !!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.