Two new HPFP and both leaking from front seal

Faraim

Reaction score
I wonder if this pump I recently received is rebuilt or new.
It did not have a snap ring in place and the color of the seal is a little different and the new one doesn't have ribs on it... so I would have to say something changed

Attachments

• CAM00318.jpg
    CAM00318.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 110
  • CAM00319.jpg
    CAM00319.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 121
Reaction score
They are all remans. We've been putting in the ones that say continental for well over a year now. Haven't had really any problems. Jerry's is due to -30 degree temps. Other than that no issues. But really we have good luck with them. Hopefully they get the temperature and seal situation figured out.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
If you have a pump with no snap ring on the shaft then you have a remaned pump. ALL new pumps are remaned. The only way to have one that's not is if you have one of the pumps that were being made until Seimens sold the rights to Conntiental.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Well I finally got the Midwest Diesel duel fueler kit on the truck and fired it up with another new pump from Ford. Fuel started flying off the pulley right away and the top of the pump is completely dry. I just shut the truck off and closed the hood. Walked away

Reaction score
I just don't understand. How much fuel pressure are you running on the low side? Like wondering if your return is blocked or something? There's got to be a reason for this. we've put a lot of these pumps since you started having problems and have had no issues. This totally sucks. I'll be giving you a call later.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Well I finally got the Midwest Diesel duel fueler kit on the truck and fired it up with another new pump from Ford. Fuel started flying off the pulley right away and the top of the pump is completely dry. I just shut the truck off and closed the hood. Walked away

That Sufis. Hate to hear it. Good call on just walking away.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Weird thing is that it only leaks for a few minutes when it's cold and then stops leaking after a few minutes. But if you park it in the warm garage then it will not leak a drop.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I have an L9000 with a Cummings that does that. For the first five minutes it will pour fuel out of the injection pump and then stop.

webb06

Reaction score
Weird thing is that it only leaks for a few minutes when it's cold and then stops leaking after a few minutes. But if you park it in the warm garage then it will not leak a drop.

What's the temp outside up there? I've found that my front pump leaks if its below 20 degrees here. After running a couple minutes it quits leaking.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
It was under 20 or damn close to it when I started it today. But stopped leaking in about three or four minutes. But that's a long time. Makes one hell of a mess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online