Unlimited vs Swamps

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
To those of you that actually know, would it be worth my time to pull my injectors (250/200) and have them bumped up like some are doing to say a 400/400 or something fairly large, while still running forged rods? Obviously de-tuned is how they would be ran, but is there any benefit of having the larger ones?
From what ive read it seems it wouldnt be worth it until i can actually use the fuel, i would suffer from a fuel mileage loss, and unless i get the tuning DIALED in really well it might be smokey.

Gearhead

Reaction score
To those of you that actually know, would it be worth my time to pull my injectors (250/200) and have them bumped up like some are doing to say a 400/400 or something fairly large, while still running forged rods? Obviously de-tuned is how they would be ran, but is there any benefit of having the larger ones?
From what ive read it seems it wouldnt be worth it until i can actually use the fuel, i would suffer from a fuel mileage loss, and unless i get the tuning DIALED in really well it might be smokey.

I have run both 200 and 400 nozzles on my black truck during different stages of the project. If you are talking about making fuel only numbers, the 400 nozzle should only be used with something at least 75mm of basic wheel configuration. (maybe a gtx4294 would work but maybe not IDK). The 200s work well fuel only with the 71-76mm chargers. My 400s ran worse fuel only on my 71mm h2e than the 200% did.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have run both 200 and 400 nozzles on my black truck during different stages of the project. If you are talking about making fuel only numbers, the 400 nozzle should only be used with something at least 75mm of basic wheel configuration. (maybe a gtx4294 would work but maybe not IDK). The 200s work well fuel only with the 71-76mm chargers. My 400s ran worse fuel only on my 71mm h2e than the 200% did.

OKay that helps. I am building an engine able to handle big fuel right now, but its a slow process. So i think ill leave the 200% for now until i drop that motor in and have compounds or a much larger charger

TARM

Reaction score
Matt,

Younattribute that to the poor atomization with not enough air flow to offset it to a positive gain. What do you mean by ran worse? Down on power? Are you running them now with that new larger comp wheel and housing? That should be more then enough air flow for them as it should be over mine by a good bit.

I think the 200% should be a perfect fit with the x4294r. I woukd love to have the upper rpms fueling of the 400% but not sure it would be worth the trade offin crispness and clean running of the 200%.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt,

Younattribute that to the poor atomization with not enough air flow to offset it to a positive gain. What do you mean by ran worse? Down on power? Are you running them now with that new larger comp wheel and housing? That should be more then enough air flow for them as it should be over mine by a good bit.

It lost 50 or so HP over the 200% nozzles even with the proper fuel side mods.... I swapped turbos and picked up 100 HP on fuel without changing anything else. Normally that turbo swap would only yield about 50HP.

The 400% 71mm combo worked great with nitrous because it got the burn rate back up that wasn't there running fuel only. The 400% 76mm combo on fuel only ran better than the 71mm setup with a single .065 nitrous jet. Combo did 12.85 at 104 fuel only at 7400lbs with me in it.

Latest posts

Members online