Unlimited vs Swamps

Big Bore

Reaction score
And lastly.... a 200 is a PERFECT DD nozzle. I don't care who's tuning you... if you're smoking like a train with a 200% nozzle just driving around, it's WRONG. This sh*t's not up for debate anymore. Because to be perfectly honest..... if you're running 400% nozzles and smoking like a train just driving around.... it's WRONG...

Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings.

I've had recent experience with several different tuners. I have an unknown novice tuner right now that has my truck running cooler, quieter, more boost, less smoke, better mileage, shifts better, and on the Wife-o-meter it has registered an unsolicited "Your truck really is quieter and smoother." Proper tuning has made my truck go from annoying to a pleasure to drive. The hot tune which has never been messed with since the first burn can be daily driven in traffic and pulling hills without smoking people out and gets the best mileage my truck has ever gotten There's tuning, and then there's tuning. Charles, Matt and one other private tuner know exactly what I'm talking about, and so does my tuner. And before anyone throws the live tuning card, the first set of tunes from this guy were a shot in the dark and were easily a 100% improvement over the previous tunes from a well known experienced tuner that had been reburned several times already.

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
I tried to reach the guys at Unlimited last week to ask exactly what has been suggested here. I'm sure it's TS recovery and all but so far they can't be raised. I'll be trying again this week.

On another note, 200% nozzles are universally excepted as DD friendly. 300% are said to be hazy at idle. I've noticed the nozzle sizes go in 100% increments once you get past a 100% nozzle. Is there some reason anyone knows of why a 250% nozzle isn't produced?

I have been in and out quite a bit the last few days since we got back from TS. I have a father that had an outpatient surgery go bad and is now in the nursing home and My wife is about to go under the knife today... I'm sorry if we are hard to reach right now. Feel free to send me a PM or an email to [email protected]. We will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for your patience. :D

Big Bore

Reaction score
I have been in and out quite a bit the last few days since we got back from TS. I have a father that had an outpatient surgery go bad and is now in the nursing home and My wife is about to go under the knife today... I'm sorry if we are hard to reach right now. Feel free to send me a PM or an email to [email protected]. We will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for your patience. :D

NP man, hope my post didn't sound like I was bitching. I know how it can be and I figured something like what you posted. Thanks. Best wishes to you and your family. BTDT.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
im running swamps 300/200's. I only got about 200 miles on them but love them.. i think the 200 nozzle is kinda pushing the limits for a daily driver. they are very smokey...smoke all the time even on a stock tune. But i dont daily drive my truck its more of a weekend toy. I think they could be daily drove with the right charger. When i first installed them i was running a 64mm s300. And although it spooled stupid fast it never even becan to clean up smoke. Now im running a 71-80-19 s400 and although it starts to clean up smoke theres still ALOT left.
Smokey even in the stock setting? dang my 200% nozzles are smoke free unless im really getting on it hard, and then it pins you to the seat.

Smoke is tuning (at least if we are talking a little nozzle like 200%)
To the OP:
If you want to compare how fast each are, call Unlimited and call Swamp's and ask them the same question:
For a 300/200% Hybrid injector, how much does yours empty in 2.0 ms?
End of discussion.

The rest is 100% tuning. You should have darn near complete smoke free driving with the small 200% nozzle.
:whs:
Well put Jim

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
And please explain how that relates to my questions regarding actual injector performance. I didn't ask whose injectors runned good.

there is more to injector performance than max flow just as charles said. by run good i mean quality idle and smooth performace as well as in my case performance on the pullin track.

Charles

Reaction score
Charles I know I do not have near the time you have nor have I run a flow bench countless hours as you have but my injectors certainly seem to flow a good bit more than what I have seen some others without these mods. I believe I have also read the same. opinion from Jason when it comes to what size nozzles these mods start to really show siginificant gains.

Maybe so. So just exactly what are you getting in 2 at 3000psi? Like 230 to 250? More?

BTW, I love the fact that everybody treats 2ms as the standard now. Thank God...

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I've had recent experience with several different tuners. I have an unknown novice tuner right now that has my truck running cooler, quieter, more boost, less smoke, better mileage, shifts better, and on the Wife-o-meter it has registered an unsolicited "Your truck really is quieter and smoother." Proper tuning has made my truck go from annoying to a pleasure to drive. The hot tune which has never been messed with since the first burn can be daily driven in traffic and pulling hills without smoking people out and gets the best mileage my truck has ever gotten There's tuning, and then there's tuning. Charles, Matt and one other private tuner know exactly what I'm talking about, and so does my tuner. And before anyone throws the live tuning card, the first set of tunes from this guy were a shot in the dark and were easily a 100% improvement over the previous tunes from a well known experienced tuner that had been reburned several times already.

100% EXACTLY what happened to me. One big name tuner sucked it up. Went to another and he nailed it the first reburn. Even though we drove around hooked up, it didn't need it. I agree 100% with the above!

thuglike

Reaction score
Looking for any information on how an Unlimited injector stacks up against Swamps. Particularly in reference to "fast mods". Injector size in question would be a 300/200 hybrid. Specifically which one would be more DD friendly and which one empties faster. Thanks.

The next set of sticks I get, whenever that is, will be from Swamps. I like what I've seen and heard. Nothing against Nate and his products, he carries a real good rep as well..I just flipped a coin.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
....On another note, 200% nozzles are universally excepted as DD friendly. 300% are said to be hazy at idle. I've noticed the nozzle sizes go in 100% increments once you get past a 100% nozzle. Is there some reason anyone knows of why a 250% nozzle isn't produced?

Some info FWIW. From what I have found with my gauge pins, the 100% have about .009" holes, 200% have .012" holes, the 400% have .014" holes, 600% have .016" holes, 800% have .018" holes.
The 300% were custom made, which you can get ANY custom % larger nozzle you want wtih EDM or EH.
I'm thinking 2 reaons to answer your question.
1) We all pretty much use the one and only new performance nozzle supplier and this is what they sell.
2) Might have something to do with the efficient mass production of the nozzles.

If there was a large demand for a 300% or 250% nozzle, or whatever, I bet we could get them made with enough interest and pre-orders. But I just have not heard of that many out there and/or any great benefits over what's readily available now.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Some info FWIW. From what I have found with my gauge pins, the 100% have about .009" holes, 200% have .012" holes, the 400% have .014" holes, 600% have .016" holes, 800% have .018" holes.
The 300% were custom made, which you can get ANY custom % larger nozzle you want wtih EDM or EH.
I'm thinking 2 reaons to answer your question.
1) We all pretty much use the one and only new performance nozzle supplier and this is what they sell.
2) Might have something to do with the efficient mass production of the nozzles.

If there was a large demand for a 300% or 250% nozzle, or whatever, I bet we could get them made with enough interest and pre-orders. But I just have not heard of that many out there and/or any great benefits over what's readily available now.

So jumping from a 100% nozzle to a 200% nozzle is a larger jump than going from 200% to 400%?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
So jumping from a 100% nozzle to a 200% nozzle is a larger jump than going from 200% to 400%?

Umm....No...
A jump of 200% is larger than a jump of 100%..
:poke:

Don't just look at the hole size increase. Dig out your high school math book and figure out the areas of the circle. ;)
A larger hole needs less of an increase in size to flow a lot more.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Umm....No...
A jump of 200% is larger than a jump of 100%..
:poke:

Don't just look at the hole size increase. Dig out your high school math book and figure out the areas of the circle. ;)
A larger hole needs less of an increase in size to flow a lot more.

That was the reason i was asking... I wasnt being sarcastic or a smartass with the question. it was a whole hearted wonder

Dieselfever

Reaction score
Are you referring to me? If so, I fail to see how my post could be construed a trollish unless you are reading it through completely biased glasses. I didn't ask who builds a better injector or who's quality control is better or who has a cleaner shop or who's shop have you visited the most. I also stated I've used one of the manufacturers injectors and had no problem with them. I stated a very specific set of conditions and asked for any experience based on those conditions with each manufacturer. All I've gotten so far is a bunch of "My favorite is ______ because...", and with one exception no one addressed my question. I have a feeling they simply read the title, skipped the post, and started spouting off at the keyboard. Then along comes the implication that if I don't like brand X, I must be a troll. So basically, if you can't answer my question because you don't really know, let's discredit the OP instead.

The troll comment was because you seem to be familiar with what your already asking and you have a username that is unfamiliar to everyone. The subject of this thread could have the intent to start a pissing match in either direction.

I don't have anything To contribute to your question so I'll bow out now

-Michael

Big Bore

Reaction score
I suppose the original title may have set the wrong tone for the thread. Really I was just trying to get some real life feedback on fast injectors, not whose was better. Fact is I just wanted help making a choice between the two because I couldn't do it myself. I've had two sets of Swamps and have no complaints and nothing but good things to say. But I'm fascinated by the fast mods and Nates reputation leaves no room to question his injectors either.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Like I said before - I have a biased opinion due to my working relationship.... but here is a video of a truck running Unlimited's 400/200 hybrids with the fuel side mods - air is provided by a billet S476 setup for 2.6 rules:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bruno2

Reaction score
Was that a good run? The truck looked like it was running strong , but , I dont know what that hestitation was. Was he shifting a standard tranny or did he just lose everything for a second?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Was that a good run? The truck looked like it was running strong , but , I dont know what that hestitation was. Was he shifting a standard tranny or did he just lose everything for a second?

That was the first run with that setup - the hesitation was when the truck started bouncing - the kid let out - then once it smoothed up - he got back in it - then he let out early because he was afraid of breaking it. For that class on that track under those circumstances - 293 feet is damn respectable. Wait till it gets tweaked and dialed in. :D

Latest posts

Members online