Update on Godzilla

jdgleason

Reaction score
Truck had an issue with a bent rod. The only other assembled motor we had available was the one in tadds single cab. That motor is not set up the way we want for the challenge in godzillas configuration anyway. In good sportsmanship, mr Dillehay handed his entry over to Erik. Erik's truck will be going as is and will do us all proud!

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
1 rod shorter than the rest. I will disclose more later, but yeah a very expensive weekend but by far the strongest fuel only 6.4 on the planet.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Mike and I showed up Saturday to dyno the truck Saturday morning to find out that they were having a issue with a dead cylinder. Got to looking and found that a lifter actually came apart. Nathaniel mike Wayne and I pulled the cab as mike was showing up. Got the cab ip head pulled lifter replaced inspected the rest and back together and out for a test drive in about 6-7 hours. Mike and Nathaniel drove it and mike was super super happy.

Next day it went on the dyno Tried some gate and different tuning changes and the truck was over 1200 hp (don't know exact number as I went home for the night) more changes and the truck developed a bad shake like a tire was out of balance ran decided to make another run and watch everything from outside made 850ish and developed a bad knock.

Pulled the truck in pulled the cab didn't find anything on the top of the motor decided to pull the motor so we could start the swap before really considering tadds race truck motor was not built for what mikes truck was doing plus low compression ect. Pulled one head to find that it bent number 1 rod.

We gave it the best we could I feel... sorry to let everyone down but that's how it goes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Eriks going to rep the best he can. A good thing is hr hasn't had time to change anything so its going like its been for the last 6 months

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mdub707

Reaction score
As much as that sucks, it's sort of good it happened before competition and not during, now at least there is a fresh truck to put an attempt in.

Sorry to hear the news to Mike and crew, that really sucks guys. We were all rooting for you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.