Update on Godzilla

Mdub707

Reaction score
that sucks for mike but that was nice/smart on his part to back down rather then go in not ready.

if only erik's truck was on 35" or smaller.

Garrett

I don't mean to speak for Erik, but I'm pretty sure he said if he got in the lift was coming off and he was going on smaller tires...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
that sucks for mike but that was nice/smart on his part to back down rather then go in not ready.

if only erik's truck was on 35" or smaller.

Garrett

His tires aren't all that big. I think they only measure 35/36 tall.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dustball8504

Reaction score
This is extremely sad news. Sorry to hear it Mike, would you be able to enter next year or is this it?

Best of luck to Erik and Rudy, represent boys!

Dustball8504

Reaction score
This is extremely sad news. Sorry to hear it Mike, would you be able to enter next year or is this it?

Best of luck to Erik and Rudy, represent boys!

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Gah this sucks, I was just ripping my hair out trying to find out what happened. Thank you Mike for being a true class act and passing the torch over to Erik. I know that Erik will not disappoint. Thank you to everyone at elite for all of there hard work and killing themselves to get this up and running only to have this happen.

If only there was something I could do. I am not even an hour away.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mike and I showed up Saturday to dyno the truck Saturday morning to find out that they were having a issue with a dead cylinder. Got to looking and found that a lifter actually came apart. Nathaniel mike Wayne and I pulled the cab as mike was showing up. Got the cab ip head pulled lifter replaced inspected the rest and back together and out for a test drive in about 6-7 hours. Mike and Nathaniel drove it and mike was super super happy.

Next day it went on the dyno Tried some gate and different tuning changes and the truck was over 1200 hp (don't know exact number as I went home for the night) more changes and the truck developed a bad shake like a tire was out of balance ran decided to make another run and watch everything from outside made 850ish and developed a bad knock.

Pulled the truck in pulled the cab didn't find anything on the top of the motor decided to pull the motor so we could start the swap before really considering tadds race truck motor was not built for what mikes truck was doing plus low compression ect. Pulled one head to find that it bent number 1 rod.

We gave it the best we could I feel... sorry to let everyone down but that's how it goes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

holy ***!! thats really not much of a let down!! over 1200hp on fuel only is bad azz... good job on getting it where its at!!

91turbogsx

Reaction score
This really sucks to hear. I was so pumped for this years DPC with Mikes truck. Good luck to Aaron and Erik! They still have a shot and are worthy candidates for the Ford camp!

:ford:

TyCorr

Reaction score
This really sucks to hear. I was so pumped for this years DPC with Mikes truck. Good luck to Aaron and Erik! They still have a shot and are worthy candidates for the Ford camp!

:ford:

I agree with your take on it what has transpired. Poo happens sometimes.

Anybody who has a change in excitement because Eric is running.instead is.missing.the true spirit of an event like this. To add further, last time I checkec anyway, Eriks truck is a monster. Im a little disappointed for Mike but he'll pick himself up and roll on. Buut erik appears to be a veeeery worthy ***kin adversary for EVERYBODY that is gonna go up against him. Im ***kin pumped still!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Good luck Eric... Regardless what happened to Godzilla, you all know mike will have it back together and it will be competing very soon!

On to the next subject, go get them eric. In my opinion he isnt any less of a competitor, DPC is about who lasts till the end..... and he has a proven setup thats been running for months upon months. In my opinion the fords didnt lose a whole lot, other than some horsepower

TyCorr

Reaction score
Good luck Eric... Regardless what happened to Godzilla, you all know mike will have it back together and it will be competing very soon!

On to the next subject, go get them eric. In my opinion he isnt any less of a competitor, DPC is about who lasts till the end..... and he has a proven setup thats been running for months upon months. In my opinion the fords didnt lose a whole lot, other than some horsepower

***kin A! Eriks.gonna lay it.down on em.real.good! :rockon:

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Eriks has a badass set up for sure and plenty of power 110's have made over 1k hp. Good luck Erik! :ford:

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Dang Mike. But hey, chit happens. I didn't see an answer, but can you enter again next year? Don't think you let us down man. Don't be sorry for letting us down man haha. Alot of us only dream of having an engine with that much power. You didn't let us down LOL

Give them hell Erik! :rockon:

steedspeed

Reaction score
That's a shame! I guess it's par for the course when you are going beyond what anyone else has done. Over 1200 hp is a pretty awesome result though! I'm sure the test drive left your laugh muscles aching!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Eric's truck has always been strong...swap out the 37s and Git 'r dun!!!!!!

AllanB

Reaction score
Hate to hear it for ya Mike. I know you and Elite and others have put a lot of work,heart,soul,testing and $$$ into Godzilla. I don't know any of you guys, but just from reading on here. You couldn't have passed the tourch to a better person to fill the shoes. At the end of the day. Godzilla is still one BAMF. Looking forward to seeing how Eric does, and looking forward to seeing Godzilla eat some Dodge and Chevy trucks next year in DPC. Good luck to Rudy & Eric

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.