URGENT: Help

2000wa250

Reaction score
Just got done installing my new injectors and tyrant diesel chip. Truck will not start. Cranks and all lights come on but cranking is slow. When i switch the chip to hi idle (without truck running but key in) it sets SES light. Double checked valve cover harnesses and battery connections. Tried to jump it and it didnt help. Feels like the batteries are dead, but not sure. Will crank strong but starts going slower and slower. Will not start. Getting the batteries tested tomorrow, but wondering if anyone has any advice on what these symptoms might be due to. T

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Pull the chip, charge batteries and keep cranking.

Every time I've done injectors my truck takes minutes of cranking. Literally. Is it the first chip.you have had ? Could be a bad connection. (Needs cleaning)

2000wa250

Reaction score
No first ts style....had dp before.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
Needs a good charge. The long cranks are due to having to perg air out in both oil system and fuel. Once it dies start it will run like sh!t for like 50 miles or so.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Yes. We did purge the oil. Installed injectors pulled glow plugs and bumped the starter for 30-45 seconds 4 times. Going to start with the batteries and work from there rechecking connections.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
start the the truck and let the fuel system re-coop with the chip unplugged.... that way you can narrow down the problem better

2000wa250

Reaction score
attempting to start the truck as we speak....chip is out. Contacts are a bit warn down, batteries got tested, one was at 100% charge, the other was at 60% had it recharged and have cranked it 3 times for about 30-40 seconds each time. Cranking fast. Stopped to plug in the block heater for awhile, pretty cold out and its been sitting cold since yesterday afternoon, so figured that probably wasnt helping. Feel like I'm about to drain my batteries again cranking this thing over and over. Probably gonna hook a buddies truck up to it and have at it. Any other suggestions would be great

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Do you have a mechanical HPO gauge, or at least a scanner to hook up to look at IPR duty cycle and ICP while cranking? Its not firing you might not have ICP, or you could have any one of another list of issues. Leave the chip out to leave it out of the equation.

2000wa250

Reaction score
No scanner. Seems like it is about to catch but doesn't. Just pulled glow plugs and bumped the starter a few more times. Sounded like it started spinning faster the third time. Put it back together and tried again...no luck. Noticed that my gpr was smoking so headed to napa to replace it. Not sure if that could cause it but it needs replacing

2000wa250

Reaction score
And yes keys were in the house and battery negatives were off

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Pull the icp sensor and see if oil comes pouring out or if its even full yet. That little hpop isn't spinning very fast at cranking rpm and it has to fill and pressurize both oil rails im sure its over a quart each. That will take a while. I always refill the rails by removing a plug and put a small funnel in the hole

2000wa250

Reaction score
Ill try that....where's the plug for the oil rails just incase?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Junkie does that seem to help ?

Ive noticed mine takes quite awhile to crank over when Ive pulled the sticks. I will try that next time.

OP, just keep cranking. Some just take awhile. The first time I fired my new motor, it was 3-4 cranks at 1 minute plus of cranking before it fired.

2nd time when I sent the sticks in for inspection was not as bad but it still took alot of cranking.

One other thing. Maybe your not getting fuel ? Not sure what system you are running but maybe make sure you dont have gelled fuel or a dead pump ?

Latest posts

Members online