URGENT: Help

2000wa250

Reaction score
Just repulled the pcm...2 bent connectors and one pushed in. :doh: Anyone think its possible to bend them straight and pull the other one out and have it still work? What about a new PCM? Wheres the best place to get them?

Pics are being uploaded

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Just repulled the pcm...2 bent connectors and one pushed in. :doh: Anyone think its possible to bend them straight and pull the other one out and have it still work? What about a new PCM? Wheres the best place to get them?

Pics are being uploaded

Didn't we tell you to check the pins out a few days ago? :slap:

I never had bent pins, so I'm not sure if you can bend them back or not. How bent are they? probably break off if they are too bent. If you do need a PCM John@ODP has one for sale.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I was able to bend one back straight, the other one is pretty badly bend but I might be able to get it straight. The one that worries me is the one pushed in. I hadnt pulled the PCM since installing the injectors I had simply made sure that the connection was tight and had been focused on the connectors in the engine bay instead.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Got it running and preceeded to blow boots the first 2 times I even got one it. Once in my modified stock and once in my daily driver. Holy ****.

Heres the pics of the PCM Pin connector

Before:
2012-01-06_18-12-22_743.jpg

After:
2012-01-06_19-35-27_253.jpg

Just used a pair of needle nose pliers and was able to straighten both pins and pull the third one out.

Put my chip on it, my first position throws a SES and kills the truck...its supposed to be high idle from cale. Any ideas whats going out?

Arisley

Reaction score
I am betting on a bad connection on the 42 pin connector. While IDM's do go bad, it is not likely in this scenario. I would ohm out the wires from the IDM to the injectors. Pull the valve covers, leave the harnesses connected to the gaskets and ohm out the wires. You will find some bad ones. Trace it back and you will find some bad wires or a bad connector somewhere. That or you will find everything good and then you will know you have a bad IDM or maybe PCM.

I will go find and post a link to a great wiring diagram for you.

2000wa250

Reaction score
As I said....It was the bent pins in the PCM connector. Started right up after a couple cranks once I fixed them. Injectors fired the first crank then it was just a matter of them actually catching. Still wondering about the chip issues....when I change position it seems to studder for a second...and when I put it on what is supposed to be high idle it sets an ses light and kills the engine. Not sure what the ses is.

Anyways thanks to everyone in this thread for helping out. It was invaluable.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
The contacts where the chip plugs into, did you clean them good? or maybe too much?

Bushwakd

Reaction score
Glad to see you have figured it out. As far as blowing boots goes, clean the boots and IC pipes with Brake Clean. Some guys have had good luck putting hairspray in the pipe to boot connection for a sticky/tacky connection. I myself have blown a boot a few times after an injector install and just cleaned the boots and pipe with brake clean and all is good. Some guys even double clamp the connection.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I didn't touch them....the previous owner did. They may be a little overcleaned

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online