URGENT: Help

2000wa250

Reaction score
Just found out that my dad got me an AE for my birthday. Should be here by the end of hte week. When it gets here, what should I be checking or data logging?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Injector Control Pressure
Injector Control Pressure Duty Cycle
Engine RPM (verify the PCM is seeing CPS Signal)

Guessing you will see ICP Duty Cycle pretty high (50%+) and ICP not exceeding the 500psi required to start.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Thank you Dennis.

Is it possible that I have WTS and all appears normal but a fried PCM?

I dont know that much about the AE software, but I assume it is pretty straight forward, as well as the fact that I will be able to know if my PCM is fried based on whether or not it works?

I dont believe that I fried it, but it is the worst case scenario. Also the only way it would be possible for that to have happened is if a static charge fried it.

On a somewhat unrelated matter....why would a hi idle setting on a ts chip set the SES light when switched to? This was something that happened when I originally put the chip on, and every time you switch to it the light comes on, as soon as you go to position 2 it goes off immediately. Every time I switch position I can hear my GPR kick on and voltage drops for a second. I have Cale's tuning. Chip is not in the truck while ive been trying to get it started because I wanted to rule out any chance that the no start was a result of the chip.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Checked the grounds to the block...both are tight

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2000wa250

Reaction score
Yea. Best birthday present I could ask for. So why do you say the ground issue?

Ill be honest I don't even know how to go about looking for ground issues other than making sure they are tight.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
By chance did you or someone happen to mess with the IPR? You sure mentioned it quite a few times. Did you pull it in an attempt to clean it?

2000wa250

Reaction score
No I have not touched it. Wasn't aware I could pull it to clean it

2000wa250

Reaction score
thanks. Might try to clean it tomorrow, might just wait till the AE gets here and then see if I can nail down exactly what the problem is. The more I read the more it seems like I probably just have an IPR that is stuck open.

G Racing

Reaction score
I doubt that you have an issue with the ipr itself but an issue with the electronics to the injectors. Just my .02 worth.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I just don't follow how I could have an issue with the electronics to the injectors. Everything is connected and has been double and triple checked. All fuses have been checked.

I guess I will know more later today or tomorrow when I can get AE hooked up and some live data while cranking.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I dont know how to upload files, but i got a chance to datalog my no start today before heading to work. Here is a picture of the info.

Left to right columns are as follows:

ICP PSI, ICP DC%, ICP Volts, Vehicle Voltage, RPM

datalognostart-1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. Looks like I have an electrical issue. This was done with known good batteries that came right out of a running truck.

2000wa250

Reaction score
No idea how to perform a buzz test. Wont get a chance till tomorrow. Anyone else see the voltage being under 10.5 as a problem?

2000wa250

Reaction score
Planning on doing a buzz test tomorrow. According to dennis as well as clay at riffraff if the voltage drops below 10.5 the pcm wont tell the idm to fire the injectors

Latest posts

Members online