What are y'all doing with the DEF tank?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Is there any way to wash it out or something to keep that crap from drying out and crystalizing when you delete everything?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have mine in the shed. I drained it as best I could but it probably didn't get it as clean as it needs to be. I have heard of some guys using them for a water/meth tank.

Buck1

Reaction score
Pulled mine and used bracket to hold deep cycle battery for air compressor in the bed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
its like 75% water anyway, i would think that as long as the lid is on you should be ok, the nozzle in the dpf however might not be so good. or the hoses.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Pulled mine and used bracket to hold deep cycle battery for air compressor in the bed.
You have any pictures of this? Sounds like an awesome idea!
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

No it was still liquid and had no build up, it only started crystallizing when I opened it up and the little splatter was exposed to air all I did was take a water hose and flushed it out

Thanks for the info!!

OP sorry for the hijack!

BK39

Reaction score
I pulled mine off the truck, flushed the lines with water. Left the fluid in the tank

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

DWhite

Reaction score
Mine had been deleted a year before I ever pulled it and converted it

I would also like to see your pictures and details on how you converted it. I have been tossing that idea. I wasn't sure how well it would work but it is an idea I can't get out of my head.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Ok I'll pull the tank back out this week and do a quick little write up. I didn't have time before cause it was a quick project since I kept running out of fuel while towing due to my truck being a short bed

jcain

Reaction score
So how do you fill it with diesel fuel? The pump nozzle is far too large to fit.

Latest posts

Members online