What are y'all doing with the DEF tank?

RedRice589

Reaction score
dont think they changed tank capacity. both shortbeds so same tank i believe.

live life full throttle

no biggy bud.. the tanks are definitely redesigned but still the same capacity...

live life full throttle

Mine says 27 gallons. I've only ever put 22-25 in this one. My '08 was 30.5 gallons. I put 27-28 in all day long. Both ccsb

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
27 or 30 gallon isnt much difference fellas.. the tanks are redesigned/reshaped to fit the def tank.. still takes up the same space is all i was trying to get at..

live life full throttle

BK39

Reaction score
I like the long bed tank idea if it would work. Has it been confirmed that it will not?

RedRice589

Reaction score
27 or 30 gallon isnt much difference fellas.. the tanks are redesigned/reshaped to fit the def tank.. still takes up the same space is all i was trying to get at..

live life full throttle

Lol I was just ribbing ya.

I like the long bed tank idea if it would work. Has it been confirmed that it will not?

I would like to see if one would fit as wel.. I mean f150s ccsb get a 32 gallon tank and we get 27. It's just screwy.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a small transfer pump sucking through the factory pick up in the def tank and it goes to a small fitting that I welded in the filler neck

did anyone ever do a writeup on how to do this? was thinking of either taking it off or converting it today while its nice out. if converted, it will basically be free to do so. i can source the stuff through work.

JRLott

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea, except that it would be a major pain in the posterior to fill up through the small neck.

I should probably consider emptying mine, since it's been sitting there for six months.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea, except that it would be a major pain in the posterior to fill up through the small neck.

I should probably consider emptying mine, since it's been sitting there for six months.
i took mine off today. simple to make it a reserve tank. a bulk head fitting in the cap with a pick up tube and run it to a lil pump then to the filler neck breather tube. of course power from a upfitter.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

jcain

Reaction score
All that for 5 gallons of fuel... I use mine as a water bowl for my dogs now.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
All that for 5 gallons of fuel... I use mine as a water bowl for my dogs now.
from where i work in syracuse ny to my house in central michigan, without stopping, leaves me with a 1/8th of a tank. it took me a whopping 6 minutes to drop the tank. five gallon of fuel keeps me in my comfort zone. and eventually i will put my drag tank in and plum it to that tank so that it gravity feeds and ill pump out of it since it is all going to be done pretty much for free...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
mounted it back up and plumbed in a small fuel pump and ran wires to #1 upfitter. just about 6 gallon topped off. works great.

live life full throttle

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
doesn't seem like too much time/money/effort for an extra 6gal capacity IMO

that's 20% added fuel capacity on a short bed truck

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
doesn't seem like too much time/money/effort for an extra 6gal capacity IMO

that's 20% added fuel capacity on a short bed truck
depends on how particular you want to be. i gutted the tank. took everything out and did the ole harpoon mod to the inlet and breather tubes so it fills all the way up. takes a lil while to fill it cuz i had to use a small funnel.

live life full throttle

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I still say a pair of sumps and make sure the top is vented is all you need. No pumps or funnels necessary.
Personally I took a 1/2" drill bit to mine....screw it, not like I'm gonna use it again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.