What BOV you runnin?

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Well I ordered the JGS diesel kit. I need to run a line with drive pressure to it. Would a guy just T off the EBP sensor or some place else?

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Well the install of the BOV, 72mm, coolant filter and CCV kit starts this coming week when I get back to SD. Gues I'll have to wing it on where to tap the line in for the drive pressure and hope it works lol.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Going into your truck Erik? Itll be nice to see someone trying it out in such a well known truck. The issue I forsee with it, if it works properly, is that the particulate filter may need to be replaced or cleaned after a period of time

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I think it is, not positive. Had a conversation about it, this one is mainly works off pressures and no electronics?

madman1234509

Reaction score
Correct. Any time I or the guy the does all the fabrication has called jgs they have been nothing but helpful. His waste gates are nice as well. No rubber diaphrams or anything that would wear out. They are what im running with my build. The guy that does work on my truck has had them on his 900hp (fuel only) compounded 5.9 for 3-4 years with no issues. His bd bov quit on him after a few weeks :p

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i'm a big fan of mechanical things, as opposed to electronic.

dont get me wrong, electronic has its place, but sometimes simple is just the way to go.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
well the only problem with diesels and mechanical gates and blow off valves, and drive pressure gauges is the fact that soot clogs the lines, which is typically why theyre not as popular. JGS makes a nice filter to remedy that. I have one on the way to replace my make shift filter I have on mine.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
The JGS diesel kit is super nice. Im not finished yet but I think it will work real well.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
The performance shop that's helping me install my JGS BOV diesel kit doesn't understand how its going to open as soon as I let off the pedal because its not electronic. He seems to think the only thing it can be used for is to open at a set boost psi to limit maximum pressure. Can anyone explain how it will stay closed until I let up?

VanoFord

Reaction score
The performance shop that's helping me install my JGS BOV diesel kit doesn't understand how its going to open as soon as I let off the pedal because its not electronic. He seems to think the only thing it can be used for is to open at a set boost psi to limit maximum pressure. Can anyone explain how it will stay closed until I let up?

thats how i understand them to work as well. they are loaded w/ a spring that is set at a certain psi, and until that psi is reached, the bov stays closed. but i do have a newborn so my brain isnt all there now a days...:doh:

jimdawg185

Reaction score
It works in combination with springs and exhaust drive pressure. When exhaust drive pressure drops( ie, when you let off the throttle) that signals the BOV to open.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
That makes sense, hopefully its not a pita to get dialed in. Gunna strap it down and find out I gues. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.