What Do You Tow?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This weekend second time I've towed this truck. .
ura9ypem.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I'll have to check the sticker inside, I think your right, that does sound a bit high now that I think about it... either way I had to drop it in third and barely held 35mph wide open going up a gnarly hill going to the firehouse where we washed it. I friggen love towing with these 4.30's out back, unloaded is another story lol

And the zf5 made me way more confident going back down that hill, its maybe 1000 feet long and very steep and it would've pushed me down the hill good if I didn't touch the brakes. Put it in 3rd and let it hold itself back around 32mph and didn't touch the brakes all the way to the bottom until I shifted to 4th when it became a 50mph zone

superstroked

Reaction score
Just picked up a toy hauler last week..

I am thinking about adding timbrens but, do you think an f350 block would help ? This is the most pin weight the trailer will have because my SxS is not loaded up.

IMAG0683_zps5dc2f814.jpg

IMAG0684_zpsada4c45d.jpg

Cknox121

Reaction score

I am thinking about adding timbrens but, do you think an f350 block would help ? This is the most pin weight the trailer will have because my SxS is not loaded up.

IMAG0683_zps5dc2f814.jpg

IMAG0684_zpsada4c45d.jpg

Helper bags imo

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Timbrens are a good low maintenence alternative. I like mine work well with my camper but not nearly as big as that one

superstroked

Reaction score
Timbrens are a good low maintenence alternative. I like mine work well with my camper but not nearly as big as that one

I think since the camper is down hill from the truck in this pic that it is pulling the tuck down further than it would on flat ground. It does have a 2600 lb pin weight with no toy in the back though.

Denver

Reaction score
I'll have to check the sticker inside, I think your right, that does sound a bit high now that I think about it... either way I had to drop it in third and barely held 35mph wide open going up a gnarly hill going to the firehouse where we washed it. I friggen love towing with these 4.30's out back, unloaded is another story lol

And the zf5 made me way more confident going back down that hill, its maybe 1000 feet long and very steep and it would've pushed me down the hill good if I didn't touch the brakes. Put it in 3rd and let it hold itself back around 32mph and didn't touch the brakes all the way to the bottom until I shifted to 4th when it became a 50mph zone

Never tow a trailer that has brakes without a working brake controller.

IMAG0683_zps5dc2f814.jpg

IMAG0684_zpsada4c45d.jpg

Airbags. Check the tounge weight and and make sure the tires and rear axle are rated for that. It looks heavy.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Used this to haul our mountain bikes and gear for our 2 week trip through the West Coast. Whistler, Fernie, Sun Peaks, etc. Trailer was around the 4900-5000lb mark, depending on how much beer we had with us. Trailer brake module on the trailer decided to give up 3 hours into the trip, so I had to do the rest of the trip (up and down 9% grades) with no trailer brakes. Luckily the ZF6 and wind resistance slowed it down nicely without more than the odd tap of the brakes. The only time I REALLY wished they worked was when having to deal with Vancouver traffic... that being said I wouldn't do it again. Also broke a trailer leaf spring 2 hours from home after driving 4,000k, that sucked, but could have been worse.

9160318422_8093b4e157_c.jpg

20130628-IMG_7487 by sniper_101, on Flickr

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score

IMAG0683_zps5dc2f814.jpg

IMAG0684_zpsada4c45d.jpg

I vote air bags, w/compressor. I like being able to fine tune my ride height when towing my camper, weight changes trip to trip, like bringing the quad, water weight, etc..

Also something to think about would be the rear of your trailer being so low to the ground. Bringing the rear of your truck up will pivot the rear of the trailer down even more then it is. Not to mention the weight of your SxS.

superstroked

Reaction score
I vote air bags, w/compressor. I like being able to fine tune my ride height when towing my camper, weight changes trip to trip, like bringing the quad, water weight, etc..

Also something to think about would be the rear of your trailer being so low to the ground. Bringing the rear of your truck up will pivot the rear of the trailer down even more then it is. Not to mention the weight of your SxS.

The driveway has a pretty good incline upward towards the truck that makes it look a lot worse than it actually is. The picture doesn't really show it but, it is there.

Last edited:

96twofiddy

Reaction score
Surprisingly this is really the only picture I have with the trailer on this truck lol Nothing heavy, just an open trailer with the racecar, generator, and 4 wheeler sometimes.
IMAG0114_zpse2987282.jpg

And a picture of just the trailer and car.
IMG_20130617_200223_zps83404f56.jpg

bad12jr

Reaction score
Dads late model trailer. It needed a bath bad.
yhysybyj.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.