What Do You Tow?

yeehaw

Reaction score
Never tow a trailer that has brakes without a working brake controller.

And i should tow my gooseneck with a CDL too :rolleyes:

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, even if it's not correct or safe LOL can't say i've never towed a trailer without working brakes. But i usually stay off the freeway and main roads. And don't do over 50 mph.

Denver

Reaction score
And i should tow my gooseneck with a CDL too :rolleyes:

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, even if it's not correct or safe LOL can't say i've never towed a trailer without working brakes. But i usually stay off the freeway and main roads. And don't do over 50 mph.

To different things. Having a piece of plastic saying CDL isn't going to make your truck take longer to stop. Not having brakes will.

Exactly it was 4 miles out a back road at 45 mph, the 5 speed made it easier too. Truck brakes were plenty sufficient for that particular trip IMO,

Try not to make it a habit. I had an OBS like yours. The 5 speed is nice for maintaining speed up and down hill but not for slam the brakes stops. If you stand on the brakes in an OBS hard enough they actually won't work. I had a close call coming around a corner with mine with a 6K lb trailer. Slammed the brakes and nothing happened with the truck. The trailer stopped itself and the truck. If I didn't have brakes on the trailer I would've drove up on my brothers trailer totaling the truck he was towing and my OBS. Scared me so much I sold it for a super duty for the better brakes.

superstroked

Reaction score
Got the bags with wireless compressor controller along with the amp steps installed.
before;
IMAG0712_zpsd34baf41.jpg

after;
IMAG0715_zpsd6360f06.jpg

vcassens

Reaction score
Not my truck but had around 15 hours of seat time in it Thursday. There is 4k in the bed and 6k on the trailer of cotton seed meal we use for catfish bail for hoop nets and averaged 14.8 mpg loaded hand calculated.
esamyvus.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vcassens

Reaction score
Not my truck but had around 15 hours of seat time in it Thursday. There is 4k in the bed and 6k on the trailer of cotton seed meal we use for catfish bail for hoop nets and averaged 14.8 mpg loaded hand calculated.
esamyvus.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Race bound...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375205820010.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375205820010.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 202

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That was last weekend. Hallers shorty and my truck

Timbrens on and work very well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375215114454.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375215114454.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 145

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I want that same trailer, Steve! Just for anything I want, been getting call from guys I hardly know around here to move there clapped out Cummings' or to bring it to the track if they blow their truck up spraying the piss out of it..

I just need to make a spot to park it if I got one, lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.