What Head lightbulbs to match rigid leds?

dsberman94

Reaction score
the driver side light should be in or down more than the passenger side light which is for the oncoming traffic. i think someone over looked something in the design process because of what WHY NOT just stated.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i can tell you my 5k 5000w hid's match my rigid D2 fogs very, very well. both insanely white and very close.

13_hid.jpg

Last edited:

bigaF250

Reaction score
If they are in the wrong way the light comes off of the housing and crosses the truck like an X. Light ends up in the sticks. No they are not marked with proper sides

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Anybody have LED bulbs and Rigid D2's? Got my Rigids from Josh but can't decide on HID's or the LED headlight bulbs. I like the way Bigr's truck looks with the 5k and D2's but don't want to go through the hassle of issues with the HID's.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Anybody have LED bulbs and Rigid D2's? Got my Rigids from Josh but can't decide on HID's or the LED headlight bulbs. I like the way Bigr's truck looks with the 5k and D2's but don't want to go through the hassle of issues with the HID's.

What issues have you had with hid's? I've had 10+ sets over the years and never had one issue at all?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I haven't bought any HID's because I worry about having ballast issues or etc. that I don't have time to be dealing with. I know Retro is a sponsor but has anyone ever used XenonDepot w/ Phillips bulbs? They only come in 35w but I haven't seen a bad review compared to some Retro's

bigaF250

Reaction score
I hate to say this guy's but honestly I think retro is going to get the call from me on the headlights. After my experience with the led headlights, I'm not entirely impressed, I'm still waiting on my second set and now can't get a return call. I'm not bashing them at all as I am a dealer for them and love their light bars, but I won't tell you the headlights are great.

anth

Reaction score
I have retro on my truck, 55w 5k fog and headlight they are super bright. Bright enough there is really no need for fogs unless you are on a country road. Just make sure when you put them together to put die electrical grease on the stuff. Forgot the first time and didn't work out so good.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I hate to say this guy's but honestly I think retro is going to get the call from me on the headlights. After my experience with the led headlights, I'm not entirely impressed, I'm still waiting on my second set and now can't get a return call. I'm not bashing them at all as I am a dealer for them and love their light bars, but I won't tell you the headlights are great.

You should also consider Carey, obswiz for this. He will do a hid conversion for you that utilizes your stock headlamps. Send him a pm and ask about it.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I had ballasts go out, flickering lights, on my last set. That's it! Some people never have any issues, than you read some do.

With my luck I would be the one that had a ballast go out once a week and then all the rest of the issues every other week

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
With my luck I would be the one that had a ballast go out once a week and then all the rest of the issues every other week

Haha sounds like my luck. I'm waiting for Steve and JD to get back to me about an HID kit that they have that is supposed to be the best one out there.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I've had a bunch of HID kits. Had a hunch of problems.

My halogens don't look as cool, but no problems out of them! Just plug the in and go! Don't have to worry about the harness being too short or the hi and lo beams reversed, ballasts not firing, lights flickering, grounds going bad, relay getting corroded from moisture, etc

Latest posts

Members online