What Head lightbulbs to match rigid leds?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Here's a pic Squatchy just sent me

165AE771-9860-4BF4-886F-703D4E18394C_zps2wjksf6r.jpg

ok i had to have Erock here help me cause i hate taptalk and it hates me back so i cant load pics, and me and photobucket dont get along so posting pics on here is near impossible for me anymore. anyway now that we got the whole im a electronic idiot, lets move on to the real reason we are here. The zues led head lights.

so as i said one head light wasnt working correctly and isnt putting out the light power the other one is. as you can see in the pic there is more light on the passenger side than the driver side, the driver side is the light with some minor issues right now. im still digging into the issue and will hopefully resolve it by the end of the week even if that means calling these guys to get a new light sent to me.

keep in mind in the picture that these are the head lights only, no factory fogs were on, and none of my rigid lights were on durring this pic and they are on the low beams. if i can get the driver side issue resolved, these will be hands down better than any HID i have owned and are well worth the money.

spongebob915

Reaction score
ok i had to have Erock here help me cause i hate taptalk and it hates me back so i cant load pics, and me and photobucket dont get along so posting pics on here is near impossible for me anymore. anyway now that we got the whole im a electronic idiot, lets move on to the real reason we are here. The zues led head lights.

so as i said one head light wasnt working correctly and isnt putting out the light power the other one is. as you can see in the pic there is more light on the passenger side than the driver side, the driver side is the light with some minor issues right now. im still digging into the issue and will hopefully resolve it by the end of the week even if that means calling these guys to get a new light sent to me.

keep in mind in the picture that these are the head lights only, no factory fogs were on, and none of my rigid lights were on durring this pic and they are on the low beams. if i can get the driver side issue resolved, these will be hands down better than any HID i have owned and are well worth the money.

Are both bulbs in the housing in the same direction ? I guess you did check that.

Last edited:

bigaF250

Reaction score
This is no good, definitely not what I wanted to get on here and see. I was finally just able to get mine back on the way to me so we'll see if they go 0 for 3. He is right though, bright as all hell but just little issues that keep them from being the best

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the lesser light on the drivers side was intentional? i just installed these headlights bulbs in my 6.7 and am quite happy with them, both lights are equally bright but it doesn't cast the light to the drivers side as much with low beams on. My guess is this was done to prevent pissing off on coming traffic, i took a couple picture for you guys tonight, both pictures are headlights only, the first one is with the low beams on, the second is high beams. You can see how high beams have more light on the left side.

Attachments

• 2014-01-02 18.32.30.jpg
    2014-01-02 18.32.30.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 2014-01-02 18.32.40.jpg
    2014-01-02 18.32.40.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 117

devdiesel

Reaction score
all in all I'm really happy with the bulbs and would recommend them, In the past I've done HID's but their always finicky, as long as these stay consistent ill use them instead, i also have a set of the LED fog lights and once i have time to install them i will post pictures of them as well

spongebob915

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the lesser light on the drivers side was intentional? i just installed these headlights bulbs in my 6.7 and am quite happy with them, both lights are equally bright but it doesn't cast the light to the drivers side as much with low beams on. My guess is this was done to prevent pissing off on coming traffic, i took a couple picture for you guys tonight, both pictures are headlights only, the first one is with the low beams on, the second is high beams. You can see how high beams have more light on the left side.

But can't the bulbs go in either side?

Jgon08

Reaction score
all in all I'm really happy with the bulbs and would recommend them, In the past I've done HID's but their always finicky, as long as these stay consistent ill use them instead, i also have a set of the LED fog lights and once i have time to install them i will post pictures of them as well

Are the bulbs labeled for driver and passenger side?

devdiesel

Reaction score
ya both bulbs are identical and go into the housing in the same direction, at least on mine, the low beam is on one side of the bulb (which is on a slight angle towards the passager side of the housing, if that makes sense), and the high beam is both sides. So when the low beams are on it casts more light to the passenger side... it really is a small difference, you will only notice if your really looking for it, the lights are much brighter than stock

devdiesel

Reaction score
i didn't notice any orientation labels but its possible, still don't think it would make a difference but i could certainly be wrong

MorganM

Reaction score
I don't know if it's the just the pictures; but neither example, at least to me, demonstrate the LED casting light as far as the halogen, much less, further.
I do agree the area directly in front of the truck is better illuminated, but at any real speed, this isn't valuable.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
maybe it's just the pictures but they don't seem much brighter than my halogens if at all

devdiesel

Reaction score
ya its hard to really see light output in a picture, i know i really wasn't impressed with the factory bulbs and this made a noticeable improvement to me. I think once the new fog lights are in their will be plenty of light for me, so I'm happy with the purchase

Derkperk

Reaction score
Has anyone tried swapping bulbs from either side, back and forth to see if the issue is intentional and not just a bad bulb?

My wife's infinity had HIDs and te drivers side has a lower cutoff thank the pass side. Guessing that was also intentional to keep on coming traffic happy.

I'd like to try these bulbs just for the white light factor over the yellow halogens.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
if what dev said is correct and both bulbs instal the same way on each side of the light then there will be a difference as to which part of the housing the led is hitting.
So, If the low beam on both lights points to the passenger side, it will be hitting the inner part of the head light towards the grill on the drivers side, then it will be hitting the outer part of the head light on the passenger side.

But, when the highs are on both sides of bulbs light up, therefor making the light project all the way around the reflector on the head light vs just one side. Which makes sense as to why the passenger side projects further under the low beams vs high beams. It is hitting a different part of the reflector in the headlight housing

Latest posts

Members online