What Head lightbulbs to match rigid leds?

BlueOx

Reaction score
Alright guys, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. The weather in Colorado has put a real damper on things and I had to make an emergency trip to Denver due to my mother in law being in a car accident from the snow. Apparently Kia's don't play nice on it. She is good now so on with the lights. I wound up with a bad set, we feel a Friday at 430 kind of deal. The good to them is they are bright as hell and have a great cast of light, built strong and seems like they would last. The set in particular that I received are throwing the main beam to the side of the road. Driver side seems to be pretty close but the passenger side is pointing out into the sticks a little bit. I will say that customer service is awesome as a no questions asked, I am being sent another set after troubleshooting everything possible including putting them in our 2012 F350 with the same results. The owner just happens to also own a 08 F350 that he runs them in and says they are awesome in it. So now we wait for the other set and results. Thanks for being patient and hopefully this won't take long. I am giving you guys the absolute honest truth about these so there will be no confusion on your purchasing. If you guys want I can throw up some pics on what I have thus far.

Yea that's a bummer but at least they are good with customer service! Go ahead and throw up those pics! I'd defiantly want to see em

bigaF250

Reaction score
aputahy8.jpg

Led versus halogen
qenamyhe.jpg

In the 12 with factory fog lights
aranune2.jpg

Out of the can. These are bright as hell
ydu8u2e3.jpg

vy4a9uhy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com
/d/13/12/07/sunu5ahy.jpg
mu9y5e4a.jpg

a2u9urez.jpg

There's some pictures for you guys. Hopefully get this worked out quickly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Derkperk

Reaction score
I'd like to hear some info, after a test drive, to see how many "brights" flashes you get. They look like high beams and hoping they don't have the look of an HID in the stock housing.
Are they dual "element", actually have a high beam also?

bigaF250

Reaction score
Ya they are. There is a cree led on each side. With what I had in the truck nobody flashed me, I ran them in my 08 over the mountain to Denver and back, both in the dark. Also drove 08 and 12 around town and still nobody seemed to have a problem with them.

MorganM

Reaction score
Would you say the LED bulb casts a longer, broader, or brighter light pattern as compared to the factory bulb?

The "so-called" experts on the candlepower forums consistently state an LED bulb in a halogen housing will not be effective insofar as improving lighting for driving. They claim the housing must be designed for the light source.

Thanks for being the guinea pig!

bigaF250

Reaction score
Not a problem for the Guinea pig man. As far as the light casting I truly think that they cast farther and wider than halogen. I know that playing around with the headlight housing out of the truck and the led in the housing they definitely light farther. However, the 5500k color is a lot different for those of you that haven't run hid or led. I really like it though. Haven't had hids in a while

dsberman94

Reaction score
They actually get hot enough to need a fan and all the heat sink stuff on it. Thought LEDs weren't supposed to produce heat.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Hmm. My interior lights never get hot. Our stage lighting LEDs never got hot. I guess when were talking about these high power led lights they must get hot.

bigaF250

Reaction score
I don't think your interior lights even think about producing this much light. At least I would hope not. The picture I put up with the light on and out of the can, that was right after I blinded myself temporarily like an idiot. These things put out an insane amount of light. I also run their light bars on my side by side and as Tater said, the amount of lights and output is intense. Do I personally feel that they need a fan... absolutely not, is it there just in case... yes.

madman1234509

Reaction score
The biggest difference I see is the ones in the link just posted dont mention anything about a balast like the ones you are using. I may have to pick these up if they are available in our fog light sizes at well

Latest posts

Members online