What Head lightbulbs to match rigid leds?

MorganM

Reaction score
Is it not possible, or perhaps too expensive to harvest the ballast and bulbs from an OEM like Acura, Lexus, or even Ford?

One theme I've seen for installing these kits, which seems wise, is to avoid heat and moisture rich areas along with reducing vibration as much as possible. I don't believe all the failures result from poor manufacturing.

I've heard HID, when installed without projectors, translates to, "Hi, I'm a Dick". Is this true?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yes, you really should put projectors in when installing HID's because of how the light scatters in the stock housing makes it very hard for oncoming drivers to see.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What about any Sylvania or etc. replacement halogen bulbs? Anyone have any "worth the money" halogen bulb to replace stocker?

dsberman94

Reaction score
I have xenon fogs and my ballasts don't have any issues thus far. Idk how long they've been on there either as I bought the truck with them. The only issue I have with them is that they're half azz wired and the ballasts take a minute to warm up to get to full brightness. I've been thinking about getting a set of 55 watt 5k for my headlights and the yellow (3k?) bulbs for the fogs for a while now. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Snake

Reaction score
I've heard HID, when installed without projectors, translates to, "Hi, I'm a Dick". Is this true?

It's absolutely true. Anyone who says differently is the guy with HID's and no projectors. In other words, the Dick. LOL

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
my retro HIDs had piles of problems. but they we're always willing to send me new parts. that was a plus. maybe it was just a bad batch. customer service was top notch

Eric@HoldersDiesel

neverkickn

Reaction score
Got an entire conversion kit coming my way with bi-xenon projectors and 35w ballasts with 35w 4300k bulbs. Looking forward to getting it going.

Rowdy

Reaction score
I am running the 35watt 5k Morimoto's Highs and lows in my Recon headlights. Morimoto has a box that plugs into the factory harness that allows low beams like normal and then when you switch to high beams it has highs and lows on at the same time. My low beams are projectors with a cut off shield so I am not blinding people. So far I have had good luck with Morimoto's!

bobby9621

Reaction score
I am running the 35watt 5k Morimoto's Highs and lows in my Recon headlights. Morimoto has a box that plugs into the factory harness that allows low beams like normal and then when you switch to high beams it has highs and lows on at the same time. My low beams are projectors with a cut off shield so I am not blinding people. So far I have had good luck with Morimoto's!

Do you have info or part numbers for what you did? I am very interested since I do a lot of night driving.

bobby9621

Reaction score
What are the part numbers and wheree did you order from?
Thanks

This is what I did for Recons

The RetroFitSource
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-9006.html#.UtqW9ex3tjo

9006: Morimoto Elite HID System
3FiveDSP
9006 Harness
5 Year Warranty

I called the contact number once I did my research. I placed the order by phone and had him order me the jumper.

I cannot tell you if these match Rigids at the K, but 5k seems to be what many have with Rigids. I can't afford Rigids until later this year since I maxed out my budget on my Focus St.

Hope this helps. If you are doing this for stock headlamps this set up will not work until you have them modified, or buy different housings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.