What oil and coolant you guys run in the 6.0?

Atsah

Reaction score
It is hard to argue with changing an injector every 30k miles too over 475k with only 2. So hard to argue that im not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and i am not willing to try any other oils. Synthetic is over rated. The truck with 675k on it gets 10k mile oil changes and 20k fuel filters however do the math we average 10k a month

475K and 675K on 6.0 trucks?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Ya, I guess.. Don't normally see a 6.0 lasting that long..
I think now that a lot of the issues have been addressed with the 6.0l's and mechanics are much more familiar with them, the 6.0's will be lasting a lot longer than anyone ever expected. I'll be happy to get 250,000 outta mine before I trade it in.

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Delo oil and coolant. Proven superior fluid technology. I made a label for my degas bottle cap. It says, "Do Not Drain. 600,000 mile coolant." Get the facts before saying I'm wrong. Must only be used after a proper flush, which is neither cheap nor easy.

Mud digger

Reaction score
I was planning on running Schaeffer's 9000 5W-40 in my 04 6.0. Can anyone tell me what's so bad about Schaeffers? Everyone I've ever talked to had nothing but good things to say about it, until I joined this forum and all I read is negatives. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I was planning on running Schaeffer's 9000 5W-40 in my 04 6.0. Can anyone tell me what's so bad about Schaeffers? Everyone I've ever talked to had nothing but good things to say about it, until I joined this forum and all I read is negatives. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Interested in this too...I've got a guy that can get me a good deal on the stuff and I want to know if I should switch from T6 or keep with it.