What synthetic oil is everybody using?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Mail order oil=no bueno. Id use rotella before I did that.

Cheap oil delo 400
Spendier selections mobil 1 td 5w40, valvoline ext blue 5w40

I ve been running the two synthetics listed above in my heui truck for a couple years now. The cold.start ease is very nice but considering the oil still gets changed every 3-4k, not worth it for me.

My duramax gets whatever the dealer puts in it. Ive only opened the hood on my new truck to add DEF,lol.

ncstroker

Reaction score
Ran Amsoil, Mobile 1, Valvoline, and Rotella all 5w40 all seemed to run the same, most important thing to remember is keep it changed regularly

Mdub707

Reaction score
So I went to a new TSC that opened up a month or so ago near my house, they had the Rotella T6 for $21.99 there, and a $5 mail in rebate per gallon! Score!

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yup, only got one gallon now for my TDI to do the oil change in that for my road trip this weekend, will be heading back after pay day to stock up. The truck needs an oil change anyways.

It appears that this is normal price though, it doesn't say it's on sale... though the $5 mail in rebate is a special, it runs through til May.

Zmann

Reaction score
TSC ??

having a Elder moment maybe ? I get Tractor supply ????

Mdub707

Reaction score
Just FYI guys, I submitted for my $5 rebate on my T6 for my TDI last night... the offer is only good for up to two gallons... so doesn't help much. Though, $21.99 is the cheapest I've seen in the area even without the rebate. Stopped by Pepboys last night for an oil filter for the TDI and they had T6 gallons there for $29 and change... ouch.

Latest posts

Members online