What vendor has best price on 238/100 inj!

02strokin

Reaction score
Just what the title says.. Looking to upgrade very soon just wanted to see who had best deal as you all have great injectors.. Pm price or can txt or call whatever!! Thanks..740-416-6354 Alan

CurtisF

Reaction score
If price is the driving force behind buying performance injectors, then prepared for headaches and possible disappointment.

Anyone looking to upgrade to bigger sticks should FIRST talk to the person who will be tuning it. Not all injectors are alike, and those out there who are writing tunes are going to have injector builders that they are far more familiar with. Your tuner will recommend what brand they prefer to work with. You get set up with the right combination of tuner/injectors, and you'll be up and running much quicker and easier.... which can actually save you money in the long run rather than going for the cheapest price up front.

Just my 2 cents.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'm gonna agree. I may shop around a specific brand of part for price but not necessarily going to let price dictate the brand I choose over quality. I've tried the cheap game before. Cost way more then doing it right the first time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

V-Ref

Reaction score
If price is the driving force behind buying performance injectors, then prepared for headaches and possible disappointment.

Anyone looking to upgrade to bigger sticks should FIRST talk to the person who will be tuning it. Not all injectors are alike, and those out there who are writing tunes are going to have injector builders that they are far more familiar with. Your tuner will recommend what brand they prefer to work with. You get set up with the right combination of tuner/injectors, and you'll be up and running much quicker and easier.... which can actually save you money in the long run rather than going for the cheapest price up front.

Just my 2 cents.
+1000 ^^^^

Decide on a tuner and his tuning philosophy/strategy....THEN...ask the tuner what injectors & supporting mods you need....then...youll be DONE.

Orrrrrr...you take a chance of being like the pile of guys that seem to be posting lately wondering why they have 80% nozzle injectors that idle like a bag of hammers and & tow 5k with one zillion degrees.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Orrrrrr...you take a chance of being like the pile of guys that seem to be posting lately wondering why they have 80% nozzle injectors that idle like a bag of hammers and & tow 5k with one zillion degrees.

lol.. very true.... i think some of the members on the other forum are com8jg here for answers..

live life full throttle

V-Ref

Reaction score
The Lincoln Locker PSA Starter Kit=

Top Side Creeper
Torque App w/scantool BT OBD-II Adapter
Boost Leak Tester
Regulated Return
Donaldson/Tymar Filter

Then you're ready to start tearing into the truck :)

The Brad

Reaction score
+1000 ^^^^

Decide on a tuner and his tuning philosophy/strategy....THEN...ask the tuner what injectors & supporting mods you need....then...youll be DONE.

I resemble that remark. :fustrate:

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
+1000 ^^^^

Here is th flip side to your statement.

I have had conversations with just about every tuner on the market. Would you be surprised if I told you several have never even asked for specs on our injectors. I basically had to make them listen to what we do differently than the "other guys" they tune for. Did they take that info and use it? Not likely from some of the issues we have seen over the years. Some tuners have decided every set of 160/100's are the same and they use the exact same tune for that injector no matter the brand. 90% of the time it works out for them as many of the injector brands out there are exact copies of each other. But when it "smokes at Idel until temps reach normal" it must be the injectors fault. Not sure how many REALLY under stand These injectors but they could care less what the oil temp is. Something else is supposed to be in control of that.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I know when I installed my 175/80's I had smoke at start up, sent Jody a video of what was happening, he sent me tune revisions the next morning and no smoke since.

Reaction score
So I have noticed a general trend on this forum that a select group pushes PIS injectors very hard. I have nothing against his injectors in any way as i have never ran them or had any experience with them. Im more concerned with the claims that people make about his being the best on the market period. What makes your injectors better than any of the other reputable builders(full force, unlimited, swamps) on this site?

I have installed countless sets of injectors from full force at my shop and have never had a single bad set of injectors from them. No hazing issues, hot start issues, smoking issues that have been because of the injector themselves every time a problem like this has happened the motor had another issue.

Im am by no means an injector builder but in relative terms an injector is simple. Solenoid energizes opens the poppet, bam first place that could cause an issue the tolerance between the armature and the poppet may be out of spec causing injector delay issues. Oil flows in the poppet pushing the intensifier piston down and the plunger pushes fuel out the nozzle. Now the injector must refill with fuel. Sure tolerance between the plunger and barrel could be off, flow characteristics through the poppet could be different between injector builders, and the fuel side mods done will effect the refill rate of the injector. Of course proper flow balance between injectors in a set will be a determining factor in idle quality.

IMO the nozzle should be the restriction at any given point in time in the injection assuming the proper oil side mods are done to provide minimal pressure loss through the injector. There lies the only place i see a difference in the builders is the poppet tolerances to the armature effecting the delay that is experienced from the time the idm energizes the solenoid till the magnetic field created lifts the poppet from its seat.

So what makes PIS injectors "the best on the market"??

Latest posts

Members online